Project Saving

Vinsanity wrote on 7/17/2022, 6:48 AM

Currently, the song I am working on is saved to my home PC but I want work on in on my laptop. The trouble is that the certain parts of the file, mainly the beatbox loops I've created for the song are saved in a different location. So if you try to open the MMM file on a different computer, it cannot find the beat box loops because they only exist on the original computer. Is there an easy way of saving and accessing a project so that you can easily work on it from a different computer? Constantly copying those beat box files and moving them to the new computer seems like a real pain in the ....uh...neck.

Comments

johnebaker wrote on 7/17/2022, 9:57 AM

@Vinsanity

Hi

Are the Music Maker default locations, ie drive letter and folder structures for the project, identical on both the PC and laptop?

If not, and for example, you have a second drive in the PC for example D: and the laptop only has a single drive there is a workaround I use for my projects.

On my PC all my projects, resources etc are on drive W: - this is also my default Documents folder. My laptop has a single drive however in the Documents folder the Music Maker folder structures are identical to the PC.

To create a drive W: on the laptop, I have a mapped drive W: which points to the laptops Documents folder..

I also set up the program folder options Projects, Imports, Exports and Recordings filepaths on the laptop to use the W: drive instead of C:.

Once these are setup and you have ensured that both Music maker installations are identical then you should be able to copy the PC projects and any extra source files to the laptop to work on and also the reverse if you want to continue working on the PC.

For copying to/from the PC I use SyncBack (free) - once set up, this make the transfer much easier.

Hope this makes sense

John EB
Forum Moderator

Last changed by johnebaker on 7/17/2022, 10:03 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Vinsanity wrote on 7/20/2022, 5:54 AM

Thank you, I figured out a solution. I noticed that when you first install Magix, it has a step that gives you the opportunity to map out where you want those files to go to. So I figured that I will set that destination as my one drive, that way any of all computers can go to the same spot at all times.