Project lost

Tristan-Weijermars wrote on 7/22/2021, 8:39 AM

I bought the upgrade to Music Maker 2022 Premium while I was working on a project in the 2021 version. I managed to open the project file in the new version without any problem. However, at one point while I was working on it the program crashed. I reopened the program but when I reopened the file it was empty (I just got the empty MMM start screen). When I checked in the folder the file still had the size I would expect (just over 1.5 MB). There are also three BAK files, so it seems that the file had several backups. In the properties of the file I didn't find previous versions of the file. The last modification is from around the time I lost the project. I tried a couple of things (up to restarting the computer), but no success. Other MMM files open without any problem. Is there a possibility of opening the file from the BAK files (backup)?

Comments

SP. wrote on 7/22/2021, 8:43 AM

@Tristan-Weijermars Rename BAK to MMM and try to open it. I would also suggest you always save with "Save as" and give your project a filename with a number like save1, save2, save3 etc.

Tristan-Weijermars wrote on 7/22/2021, 7:45 PM

Thank you, SP. Unfortunately your suggestion did not work, but your advise on future projects is very useful.