Comments

rraud wrote on 7/12/2022, 10:41 AM

Are you referring to media files (PCM, MP3, AAC, ect.) or Sound Forge project <.frg> files and media folders?
Have you tried 'Save as' and/or to a different folder ('Documents' for instance)
What format are the files in Sound Forge you are trying to save and what format are you saving them as.

If the above does not help, try resetting Sound Forge (In the File menu).

btw, welcome to the Magix Sound Forge users community @Lee-Hartsfeld.

Lee-Hartsfeld wrote on 7/12/2022, 12:00 PM

Thanks, and I'll try what you suggest. In the meantime, I've gotten my old (but reliable) Audio Cleaning Lab MX up and working again--there was a "repair" option on the install/uninstall page. That did the trick. Oh, and as far as I know, it's the Sound Forget files that aren't saving. It's as if something is blocking their path to the correct folder. The last time I experience this (a couple years back), I was told that the Windows 10 antivirus was interfering with the program. (Unfortunately, the name of the antivirus escapes me, but it came bundled with 10). Since then, I've switched to Avast, and so I was thinking that Sound Forge might have a better working relationship with Avast. But I'm experiencing the same issues I dealt with a couple years back. I wonder if it's an OS compatibility issue?

johnebaker wrote on 7/12/2022, 2:13 PM

@Lee-Hartsfeld

Hi

. . . . I was told that the Windows 10 antivirus was interfering with the program. . . .

That would be Microsoft Defender and the topic and fix is here.

. . . . I was thinking that Sound Forge might have a better working relationship with Avast. . . . .

If anything it is worse, it is another AV known to cause issues - in this instance try turning of the Ransomware and Folder protection features temporarily to see if you can save the project files.

If the file save then you need to add exceptions for Sound Forge in Avast.

HTH

John EB
Forum Moderator

Last changed by johnebaker on 7/12/2022, 2:15 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Lee-Hartsfeld wrote on 7/12/2022, 2:26 PM

John,

Thanks! I appreciate it.

rraud wrote on 7/12/2022, 2:28 PM

Sound Forge project files (*.frg and the media folder (*_frg) that is created with it, saves without issue on my Win 10 PCs

I was told that the Windows 10 antivirus was interfering with the program. , but it came bundled with 10).

That would be 'Windows Defender'.. Files save normally on my Win 10 PCs with Win Defender.. Though for some reason, Sound Forge occasionally does not want to save a Wave or MP3 directly to the desktop but anywhere else in my main 'User' folder or sub-folder works.

Try 'Save as' a PCM Wave file to your 'Documents' or 'Music' folder.

Otherwise, many have experienced problems encoding MP3s, 'Resetting and clearing the cache' usually resolves that issue.