Comments

SP. wrote on 7/4/2021, 3:04 PM

@zadiac Does it help, if you go into C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\MAGIX\mm30 and delete the MusicMaker.ini file and start Music Maker again? This will reset some of your settings.

zadiac wrote on 7/5/2021, 12:17 PM

Hi. No, it doesn't help. Funny thing though. When I removed ALL my soundpools, it loads. When I put them back, it crashes, but if I can't have my soundpools, then I can't make music. Did I waste my money with this upgrade?

SP. wrote on 7/5/2021, 12:23 PM

@zadiac How many Soundpools do you have? Maybe there is some corrupted audio file inside?

zadiac wrote on 7/5/2021, 3:38 PM

Well, basically all of them. I'm on the subscription. My internet connection is not that fast that I can delete soundpools and redownload them when I need them. I have to have all of them, but, I will make folders on another hard drive and move soundpools over that I won't need for a certain project to lighten the load, but, I'm not happy about this. Why do they have so many soundpools if the program cannot even handle them all? My pc is powerful enough (Core i9 9900K, 32GB of ram and 1TB, 500GB and 250GB Nvme drives).

I've loaded the soundpools one by one until it crashed again. Then re-downloaded the last one, but it still crashed, so it's not corrupted files, it's the program that cannot handle all the soundpools. Not cool.