Product Information Needed

Oka wrote on 12/30/2022, 4:01 AM

I'm interested in the Music Maker Premium. I have Windows 10 Pro 64Bit.

1. I will be exclusively working to make Modern and Smooth Jazz.
    Seems your software is favorable for House, Rock, Pop and Hip-Hop music production.
2. Can I use a third-party loop?
3. A user claim this software must always be used with the internet on.

Could you please replay soonest since I am looking at other music software?

Thanks.

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 12/30/2022, 4:27 AM

@Oka

Welcome to the Magix user to user forums, so not a contact for any Magix staff, sorry.

My answers to your questions are, therefore, entirely the opinions of a fellow-user. Have you studied the web pages detailing all about Music Maker and its Editions, starting here?

1. You can create any sort of music you wish! The Soundpools which Magix offers cover a very broad range of styles but you are not limited to using only these. However, if you do use any element(s) of a Soundpool you need to be very careful as to which licence you hold for them. Full details of the different licence categories are listed here.

2. Third-party loops can be used though they may lack data which Magix loops include which can allow transposition and other manipulation.

3. It is not necessary to always be connected to the Internet but on initial start of the app it does need, at least periodically, to go online to verify your licence. Other users have found they need to be connected to the Internet when first starting the program but, once licence verification is complete, the internet can be closed.

As a suggestion to you if you need to discover more about Music Maker; why not visit the tutorials section of the forums and view the various video and written tutorials available there?

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Oka wrote on 12/30/2022, 4:36 AM

@Oka

Welcome to the Magix user to user forums, so not a contact for any Magix staff, sorry.

My answers to your questions are, therefore, entirely the opinions of a fellow-user. Have you studied the web pages detailing all about Music Maker and its Editions, starting here?

1. You can create any sort of music you wish! The Soundpools which Magix offers cover a very broad range of styles but you are not limited to using only these. However, if you do use any element(s) of a Soundpool you need to be very careful as to which licence you hold for them. Full details of the different licence categories are listed here.

2. Third-party loops can be used though they may lack data which Magix loops include which can allow transposition and other manipulation.

3. It is not necessary to always be connected to the Internet but on initial start of the app it does need, at least periodically, to go online to verify your licence. Other users have found they need to be connected to the Internet when first starting the program but, once licence verification is complete, the internet can be closed.

As a suggestion to you if you need to discover more about Music Maker; why not visit the tutorials section of the forums and view the various video and written tutorials available there?

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Thank you so much for your reply. I just happen to find the forum, since I love communicating with users.

I believe I could really make any music I wish with what the Premium has, I just brought up the question since one never knows, what might be an issue. Yep, I'll check the tutorial link you added, when I wake up in the morning. I will purchase it and start playing with software.

Thank you again, well appreciated !!!

Cheers.

browj2 wrote on 12/30/2022, 8:54 PM

@Oka

Hi,

Music Maker is free. Download it and try it out. Editions are not free, they just add to the features available and give you some credits.

Watch this tutorial:

BTW, there is a HumbleBundle being offered with Music Maker Premium Edition plus vouchers for more Soundpools and more for the same price or less. You may want to take a look.

John CB

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

johnebaker wrote on 12/31/2022, 8:55 AM

@Oka

Hi

I would suggest you also read this topic regarding an issue you may have when using any pre-made Soundloops in your creations, this also applies to any music creation software where pre-made loops are used.

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.