ProDAD VitalScene LE

sjlivson wrote on 5/20/2012, 9:56 AM

I've tried to install the VitalScene LE as a plug-in to Magic Video Pro X3. After installation, a message asking for registration within 30 days appeared. A tutorial lasting for about 2 hours was recommended. There was no request for the Serial number and no registration was offered. The VitalScene LE was nowhere to be found in the ProDAD section of the Effects and no 2-hour tutorial could be found. What should I do now? I'm using a Dell Studio XPX desktop machine with Windows 7 Ultimate, Core i7 CPU and 12 GB RAM.

What should I do now?

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 5/20/2012, 10:39 AM

Hi.  I must first say that I have the full version of Vitascene 2 but, theoretically, the LE version should function exactly as the full one does, just with fewer effects.

In both VPX3 and 4 it is listed under Effects: ProDAD, but is also available if you right-click on any point where you wish to inset or change a transition, under Additional Effects or Additional Transitions.

BTW, did you complete the registration procedure that you mentioned?  I think the procedure is to simply click where it says to register.   To keep Vitascene working I'm pretty sure you must register it.  Certainly that is the case with the full version.

One question does occur to me: since you've got 12Gig RAM I assume you're using 64 bit Win 7?  I know VPX is only 32 bit but I wonder whether Vitascene LE expects the OS to be 32 bit?

HTH

Jeff

Last changed by emmrecs on 5/20/2012, 10:39 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

sjlivson wrote on 5/20/2012, 7:36 PM

Jeff... Thanks for the reply. I've finally found the Vitalscene under Effects but not un the ProDad section. I've done the first part of the registration (I believe) by sending the PID code to ProDad together with my name and address with a request for the Registration code.

I'm using 64-bit Windows 7 but I believe that a properly configured 64-bit machine will run a 32-bit software without any troubles. I've never seen or heard about a 32-bit program that refused to run on a 64-bit machine in 32-bit mode. Even older programs written for Windows 95 run properly in a compatibility mode.

Thanks again for your kind reply.

Regards,

Simon.