Problems with the latest Music Maker update (version 29.05.36)

MauX-65 wrote on 3/27/2021, 7:36 AM

Hello to all.
I updated Music Maker 2021 Premium a few days ago to the new version 29.05.36 on Windows 10 version 20H2, Core i7, 16GB of RAM, SSD etc.
Up to version 29.05.32 MM it worked quite reliably for me, now continuous crashes and the old projects that I had created, when I reopen them, the midi playback jump notes with Magix virtual instruments.
There is something that has obviously gone wrong with this latest update ...
I have already tried several times to reinitialize the program but nothing has changed.
Do you have something to suggest to me?
Thanks in advance for your patience

Comments

SP. wrote on 3/27/2021, 8:11 AM

@MauX-65

I have already tried several times to reinitialize the program

How?

What are your log files saying? You can find them in C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\MAGIX\mm29\MusicMaker.log and Crash.log

Magix changed something on the store. I don't know if this will help in your case but I suggest most users to go into the program settings and click on the button to clean up the store. This should clear out the cache and then start building it from scratch.

MauX-65 wrote on 3/27/2021, 2:00 PM

Thank you Sp. for your help. I've followed your advice but, for now, it doesn't seem to have solved the problem as far as i reloading my old midi projects done in the previous version of MM Premium 2021