Problems with Playback of the Tutorials from the DVD within the Program

thorsak wrote on 11/27/2010, 5:05 PM

Can someone help me with the following problem using Music Maker Ver 12 deluxe: for some reasons whenever I'm trying to playback any of the Tutorials using the HELP Option within the Program, I'm getting an error message from the Windows Media Player that it can't open this file. Could anyone suggest what is causing this problem? I had already posted this question in the Forum twice several weeks ago but NOBODY offered an advice...!

An early advice would be greatly appreciated...!

Tony

Comments

nihon94 wrote on 11/27/2010, 7:44 PM

Hi,

I do got this version MMM 12 Deluxe, but last night I un installed it as it was making some problem with my MMM 16 Premium. But for you I run a test.

Please insert DVD in to the Computer Rom and OPEN Folder

Click on Tutorial folder and Play

Below is screen shot for folders and playing video in Media Player (I got Japanese windows)

Video Playing

Or go to Program Folder of Magix open Tutorial and play. If you can not play then please update Windows.

My computer system is Windows vista home premium and tutorial can play on it. Just one thing not from program as I already un installed it sorry.

Thank you

nihon94

thorsak wrote on 12/4/2010, 7:24 PM

Thanks for your help - however, in my case of properly installed MMM 12 Deluxe and having updated my Windows VISTA Version, I'm still getting an error from the Windows Media Player and refusing to playback the tutorial. However, someone else already suggested that this could be due to an outdated CODEC Version - an I think this is really the problem...I'll check this out very shortly...!

Thanks for your reply and help...!

nihon94 wrote on 12/4/2010, 9:24 PM

Hi,

Updating windows vista is good and it will also update codec if needed but you can also install like I did, a pack called K-lite. Please note some website do add spy ware or virus therefore, I prefer this website if I need some thing. You too can get codecs from here:

http://www.filehippo.com/

Or direct link

http://www.filehippo.com/download_klite_codec_pack/

Thank you

nihon94