Problems running Acid Pro 11 on Windows 11 Pro on Parallels for Mac

Carl-Caulkett wrote on 9/3/2023, 9:40 AM
  • Apple Mac Mini M1 (Apple Silicon)
  • macOS 13.5.1 Ventura
  • Parallels for Mac 19
  • Windows 11 Pro (fully activated)
  • Acid Pro 11

I've installed Acid Pro 11 on Windows 11 Pro running under Parallels for Mac on an Apple Mac M1.
When I navigate to `C:/Users/Public/Public Documents/Magix/Common/...` in order to access the downloaded sample content, as soon as I click on a sample, for example `"C:\Users\Public\Documents\MAGIX\Common\ACID Pro Sample Collection\Loops\Ambience&Atmo\Broken Communicator.wav"`, Acid Pro just crashes with this error dialog...

It really does not inspire confidence that the dialog indicates an identity crisis - Acid Pro 10, not 11!

As it stands, the software is entirely unusable for loading samples. Does anyone have any clue what is going on here?

Cheers,

Carl

Comments

Air wrote on 9/3/2023, 10:23 AM

@Carl-Caulkett AP11 IS AP10....just different splash screen, more bloatware and 1 (count um, 1) bug fix. This program is not being developed any longer. If you don't believe me, just look around this forum. You'll find links to official Magix statements that shows just what I'm saying. Best of luck in your creative journey. Cheers

Carl-Caulkett wrote on 9/3/2023, 10:29 AM

@Air For my creative journey, I use Bitwig Studio on the Apple Mac! I had used Acid many years ago and thought it was pretty cool then, and was intrigued to know what it was like now...

Air wrote on 9/3/2023, 2:14 PM

@Carl-Caulkett I use Reaper, gave up on this.......'program' years ago. Just use it to retrieve old files. The moderators on this site are still using AP7 which speaks volumes. Cheers

SP. wrote on 9/3/2023, 5:19 PM

@Carl-Caulkett This is very likely a problem with the virtual machine.

GRB wrote on 10/3/2023, 9:35 AM

I agree with @SP.  I am no longer running an M1 mac, but did for years and tried this Parallels option for Mixcraft on it.... I thought it was "eh" at best... Great in concept, and maybe will be an official validated option some day, but I needed loads of drive space, had errors and issues with file structure, etc just like you are describing here. It may be related to Acid Pro to some degree, but I think probably more to Parallels formatting. If I remember from my own trying it, the file formatting is called "containers" and they are based on Windows 11 only! This in itself is a huge issue if trying to load an older program that was release prior to Windows 11, imo.

Acid pro 11 I guess is just a bug fix or two different that AP10 as I've been told, but the "one" bug fix is pretty significant it seems... Vst loading/reloading related. I'm wondering if the new splash screen is also a newer more Music Maker development related thing too? Maybe it will integrate with "the Store" better too? The add on stuff may not be valid for some, but the extras def add up to a good deal for upgrading if you are someone who will use/appreciate them, or may end up spending in store for add ons individually in future (acid loops, wizard FX, etc). Just a thought.....

Cheers and may the Music Season be 24/7/365 !

Magix Installed & Loved: ACID Pro 11 / Samplitude Music Studio X8 / Music Maker 2025 Premium / Sound Forge Audio Studio 17 / SF Audio Cleaning Lab 4....

--- Current System: HP Laptop, 64bit, AMD Ryzen 5 7520U with Radeon Graphics, 16gb ram, 256gb SSD, running Win 11 Home and a Seagate 4TB external drive.

lynn-s wrote on 10/9/2023, 10:54 PM

@Carl-Caulkett, I'm having this exact same problem with Acid Pro 10 on Windows 11 Pro running under Parallels for Mac on an Apple Mac M1. I've found that the problem is with the auto-preview function. If you turn that off the program won't crash, but you will no longer have preview capability. The AP appears to be accessing C:\Program Files\ACID\ACID Pro 10.0\aciddk.dll at the time the error occurs. I'm not sure if the issue is somehow related to that DLL. Any suggestions out there would be appreciated. Thanks!