Problems after most recent update

brian-hill wrote on 9/3/2018, 6:14 PM

So Magix made me do an update today when I opened it up and I consented. Now that the update is done, I'm opening projects I'm working on and certain loops aren't loading. For example, I have one project with quite a few loops from the Horror Film FX soundpool and there are some that are loading and some that are not. Why is this occurring and is there a way to fix it? I have this same issue with other soundpools such as Score-Fallen Star and Score-Lost Spaces. Is it possible that some file names were changed between updates and so now the computer can't find the file because it now is listed under a different name?

Comments

brian-hill wrote on 9/3/2018, 6:38 PM

And now I'm looking into it more and I see that I cannot access the "Lost Spaces" nor "The Dark Sides" soundpools (among others) because they aren't even in the store anymore? So am I out like $70 because I purchased all of those pools on my previous version?

Looking in my file folders, any sound loop that isn't accessible by Magix is now labeled with a ".mxcOGG" file type. Whereas those files that are read by Magix are labeled as ".ogg". So there's that.

brian-hill wrote on 9/3/2018, 10:37 PM

Well, I think the issue is resolved. I had to continuously close the Magix program and open it. Every time I would open Magix Music Maker there would be more soundpools available for me to download and they were now showing up in the store.

Regarding the issue with the Horror Movie FX I was correct. There is an updated library and the names of many files have changed. So I just had to edit the new clips (same clip, just new name) and add them back into my project.

johnebaker wrote on 9/4/2018, 4:09 AM

@brian-hill

Hi

. . . . Magix made me do an update today when I opened it up . . . .

From which version?

. . . . I cannot access the "Lost Spaces" nor "The Dark Sides" soundpools (among others) because they aren't even in the store anymore? . . . .

Assuming you did not uninstall the Soundpools before updating, in the program go to Help, Activate Edtition and enter the serial number of the old program into the Activate older edition section of the dialog and activate it.

The Soundpools and any instruments, effects etc from the old version should be available when you restart the program.

HTH

John EB

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.