Problem with Sound Forge Audio Studio 14 - serial

Piotr-Kowalewski wrote on 3/5/2021, 5:06 AM

Hello,

Last year I have bought a license for VEGAS Movie Studio 17 Suite. I've got an email with links for download and serial numbers. I have installed it successfully with all additional programs - also Sound Forge Audio Studio 14. Lately I've got a new laptop and tried to install the programs on it. Everything works fine except Sound Forge Audio Studio 14. During first start it wants the serial number. I've tried all three serials I've got to email (for VEGAS® Movie Studio 17 Suite, VEGAS DVD Architect and FXHome Advanced VFX Pack) but none of them worked. Could you please help with this?

Regards

Piotr

Comments

SP. wrote on 3/5/2021, 5:23 AM

@Piotr-Kowalewski SF Audio Studio has its own serial number. You cannot use serial numbers of other products. If you cannot find the serial number in the mail I guess that the number came in a second e-mail you got at a later time. But you can look up your number in your user account. Just go to Magix.com and log in with your username and password and look under "My Products" for your SF Audio Studio license.

Piotr-Kowalewski wrote on 3/5/2021, 6:02 AM

Thanks for info. The problem is I don't have SF Audio Studio under "My Products". There is only VEGAS® Movie Studio 17 Suite, VEGAS DVD Architect and Music Maker. Isn't it that if I have VEGAS® Movie Studio 17 Suite should there be also SF Audio Studio?

SP. wrote on 3/5/2021, 6:15 AM

@Piotr-Kowalewski Yes, I think it is so, but how did you install and registered SF Audio Studio if it isn't listed in your products? You could also check on your old computer under the Help > About menu in SF Audio Studio to see your serial.

Or did you download SF Audio Studio through a menu inside VEGAS? I don't use VEGAS so I don't know if this will work, but maybe there is an online shop like in Music Maker and Video Pro X where you can download SF.

rraud wrote on 3/5/2021, 9:57 AM

As @SP. stated, Sound Forge products have their own unique serial codes. When you initially activated/registered SF Audio Studio 14, did you use different email address?

You probably will need to contact Magix Customer Service, no one here has access to customer information and serials.
-----------------------------
Requesting support from Magix customer service/sales
1- Click on 'Support' at the top of the forum page
2- Scroll down and click the "ASK SUPPORT" box on bottom right of page
3- Select Registration / Activation" from the list.
4- Type in a keyword like 'Activation" and click "FIND A SOLUTION"
5- Scroll to bottom of page (again) and select "SEND A SUPPORT REQUEST"

btw, welcome to the Magix Sound Forge users forum @Piotr-Kowalewski.

Piotr-Kowalewski wrote on 3/8/2021, 3:17 AM

Many thanks for help, I didn't know how to contact Magix Customer Service :)

So really I don't remember how it was during first installation. I didn't use the Sound Forge so maybe I hadn't the serial from the beginning :) Will see what customer service will say.