Problem with purchased sound pools

dpizza wrote on 6/16/2024, 1:12 PM

when I go to the Store in music maker it shows I purchased 3 soundpools (SEE IMAGE ATTACHED) (commercial license)but in loops they are greyed out and says no loops??

A. How to fix this?

B.Why does this happen?

Note: Not happening on all of the ones I purchased just a few of them.

Comments

SP. wrote on 6/16/2024, 1:50 PM

@dpizza You can clean up the store cache in the program settings of Music Maker. Does this help?

dpizza wrote on 6/16/2024, 2:17 PM

@dpizza You can clean up the store cache in the program settings of Music Maker. Does this help?

I did a rescan (File/Settings/Program Settings/Media Pool - Rescan) and now I can see the loops and have access to them however there is still a soundpool icon (see attached image) to the right. None of the other purchased ones are showing that icon.

1. What is that icon for? when I hover over the icon it says nothing.

2. Why doesnt the software do a rescan on start of the program? That way this situation would never occur. I can see giving the user the ability to do it via the menu just in case but why should we have to manually do a rescan or clean up the cache, should be automatic?

SP. wrote on 6/17/2024, 4:10 AM

@dpizza It's a Loops Unlimited icon. What is the filetype of these loops? Loops Unlimited uses mxcogg. Maybe you need to uninstall the Soundpools (via right clicking on them) and redownload them as wav or ogg files.

Rescanning the files on each start-up can be problematic if you have hundreds of Soundpools installed. This will probably take ages.