Problem with plugins Acid Music Studio 10

Michael-Absher wrote on 12/10/2023, 8:48 PM

SOLVED

Turns out upgrading to Acid 11 fixed the whole thing! It required a purchase, but what the heck. It was time anyway.

I purchased a couple of nice plugins, the Audiothing Outer Space and the Softube Fix Flanger. Acid Music Studio 10 recognizes them, but they go into the "failed" folder and don't work. I've tried putting the plugins in the Steinberg (it defaults to that for some reason), VST2 and VST3 folders, and results are the same. Anyone had this issue, and is it possible to make them work? They plugins work with Audacity, so I know it isn't an issue with them fundamentally.

I have a brand new PC with windows 11.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

SP. wrote on 12/11/2023, 3:56 PM

@Michael-Absher You don't move plugins to different folders if they have installers. This might break their functionality. Always edit the VST scan paths in the program preferences or reinstall the plugins via their installers to a different location.

Acid might only find the VST3 plugins automatically because they have the same standard path. For VST2 plugins you often need to edit the VST paths in the program settings. The VST2 plugins might work if the VST3 don't work.

In case both versions don't work you could try a plugin chainer VST. Waves Studio Rack is free. Load it first, then load the VST3 versions of your plugins inside Studio Rack.

In case Studio Rack doesn't work, there are paid plugins with a similar functionality, for example Plogue Bidule, DDMF Metaplugin, New Sonic Arts Freestyle, Blue Cat Audio Patchwork.