Comments

Former user wrote on 8/23/2018, 1:50 PM

Hi, I am having this problem sometimes too and am still figuring out what I am doing to get it working, I always seem to get there eventually. One of the things I have discovered is to make sure that you are in proper octave range of the instrument that you are using, I change the octave setting on my small midi keyboard to test this problem as it happens quite a bit for me. I also am making sure that I get the keyboard on the virtual instrument to produce a sound before I try anything else, like using the midi keyboard and such. I will try to keep track of exactly what I am doing more often, someone else here probably knows a lot more than I do since I am just starting with MM, but that is one idea to get started. Sometimes I have set the focus on the object, or reset the instrument track, or hit the play button and seemed to have brought things to life as well. Another problem I am having is that the MM instruments sometimes seem to have the volume set to zero or it resets to zero when whenever I replay the track, even after setting it to a higher volume - this is of course a bit frustrating. Investigating the event controller and program change (PC) commands for now. That is still a tricky one for me to understand what causes the volume setting on an instrument to stay put or to hold a change.. Best regards-

ewa-b wrote on 8/23/2018, 2:10 PM

Hi, I am having this problem sometimes too and am still figuring out what I am doing to get it working, I always seem to get there eventually. One of the things I have discovered is to make sure that you are in proper octave range of the instrument that you are using, I change the octave setting on my keyboard to test this problem and it happens quite a bit for me. I also am making sure that I get the keyboard on the virtual instrument to produce a sound before I try anything else, like using the midi keyboard and such. I will try to keep track of exactly what I am doing more often, someone else here probably knows a lot more than I do since I am just starting with MM, but that is one idea to get started. Sometimes I have set the focus on the object, or reset the instrument track, or hit the play button and seemed to have brought things to life as well. Best regards-

Thank you magicianman for you answer, I tried all your tips but unfortunately it still doesn't work :/

Former user wrote on 8/23/2018, 2:39 PM

Another comment added above, may be worth a look also. Persistent on this end..

johnebaker wrote on 8/23/2018, 4:06 PM

@ewa-b, @Former user

See this solution here for the same issue.

HTH

John EB

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

ewa-b wrote on 8/23/2018, 5:01 PM

@johnebaker thanks you a lot, it works! :)