Problem reinstalling from download after system rebuild

bradford-martin wrote on 2/14/2021, 4:20 PM

Had to rebuild my computer running WIndows 10 64 bit.  Trying to install Sony Movie Studio Platinum Suite 12.  Couldn't install from DVD because of the net framework 3.5 issue.  Finally figured that out then found I could download the links to download the software.  Movie Studio 12 and DVD Architect Studio 5 downloaded and installed fine.  However the installer for Sound Forge Studio 10 is giving me problems.  When it tries to install iZotopeAudio Enhancer I get an error message saying "An error occurred during transfer which caused the installation to stop."  Told me to stop and restart the installer.  Got the same error message.  Thanks for the help.

Comments

rraud wrote on 2/14/2021, 4:46 PM

Most iZotope plug-ins can be downloaded directly from the iZ website. I am not familiar with that particular plug, was it an image or exciter? There are likely alternates.
SF Pro 10 included a Direct X mastering suite II that had a nice multiband exciter.

condex wrote on 2/15/2021, 4:39 AM

This from a PCWorld review of SFAS10 https://www.pcworld.com/article/2018303/review-sonys-sound-forge-audio-station-10-is-powerful-and-versatile.html

The program includes Sony's Audio Enhancer, a very capable multi-purpose mastering tool.

Similar to rraud, I have not heard of iZotope Audio Enhancer before. A Google/Bing search found a few hits for a product with that name - none of which were iZotope websites - indicating that there was a product around 2012 with that name, but it was shareware - not something I thought iZotope would have been involved with back then (or now for that matter).

Regardless of which company it comes from, if Audio Enhancer is a selectable choice as part of the install process, don't check it to install as it would seem that it is no longer available.

rraud wrote on 2/15/2021, 9:28 AM

iZ has a 'Imager' plug-in which is a process in Ozone Elements, There is also a free version of 'Imager' as a single plug-in. It is decent, but like most Fx, can be abused.