problem recording

jksonsmith wrote on 10/11/2008, 9:44 PM
Hi Jason, thanks again for your help.  I'm back to square one.  Yesterday, I was able to record using my mic and line input from my keyboard. 

Today, I tried to get the MIDI working and I changed all the paramiters in the System/Global Audio Options and I could not get the any input through the Record Monitor.  The Record Device and File Path still only showed Creative ASIO In (1 & 2).  I feel that it should have given me the option of USB Uno Midi Interface as that was the input device on the MIDI input paramiter window.  After trying all day to get it to work with no success, I decided to set everything back up for audio recording and could not get anything to work.  I changed all the paramaters back to reflect Creative ASIO input and output and now when I play my precorded tracks I am picking it up on the track I am tryiing to record on.  When I record, I get my input plus my pre-recorded tracks on the input track.

I have read and re-read the manual but it does not offer much help in setting up the paramaters.  I feel that I have something somewhere that is set wrong and I cannot seem to find out what it is. 

I am using a HP Pavilion a6554f,with an Intel Core 2 Qual Processor Q6600.  It has Windows Vista - Home Prieum Edition (x64) with Service Pack 1.

My sound Card is a PCI Express Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatality and I am using M-Audio Midisport Uno as my MIDI Interface.

I do not have the computer connected to the internet and maybe that is my problem as I may be missing an update.  I chose not to connect it to the internet to avert putting a virus on the computer.

HELP!

Comments

NoTurning wrote on 10/11/2008, 11:13 PM
Hi again,
The audio "bleed through" you're getting is a Creative little gem called 'what your hear'
You have to go into the sound card settings and uncheck 'what you hear' and make sure line-in is selected.
When 'what you hear' is selected everything going in and out of your sound card is recorded onto the next track.
These problems can be remedied with an external interface and it might be time to seriously consider it. You can sell your XFi on eBay to fund your purchase.

Great idea keeping your music PC off the web. I do the same thing - my machine is not online. I do recommend hooking it up once in a while for Magix and Microsoft updates.
Thanks
Justin