Comments

Former user wrote on 11/1/2020, 11:36 PM

Hi Karen, seems like there is a 3rd party conflict going on here. This would be my first guess. Reboot the system, make sure you don't start any other applications. Then go into Task Manager and end any processes that you feel maybe starting that you don't actually need.

Retry the installation and see if it does it. If not, I would wait to see if anyone else has any input on this.

Karl-Haywood wrote on 3/5/2021, 6:34 AM

Having the same problem with ERROR: -2147163967 occurring during installation.
I've tried a clean install and still have the same problem on two different computers.
Any solutions? Thanks!

Marc-Apfelstadt wrote on 3/12/2021, 12:02 AM

same issue for me.

it's not being friendly right now.😜

Reboot, shut down a couple of "probable cause"processes. Ran the install as Admin.

platanoebrio wrote on 3/12/2021, 3:32 AM

The solution

Dave-Haynie wrote on 4/1/2021, 11:22 AM

Yeah, I had figured the same thing, only didn't realize how many versions of the Visual C++ 2013 runtime would be installed. So I removed them all, installed Acid, and then re-installed the latest, just to ensure that any programs counting on, well to but it bluntly, bug fixes over the last eight years, would not break.

This is obviously a bug in the Acid installer and needs to be fixed. This is hardly a thing the average user is going to fully understand.