Problem adding video to timeline

DrCheeser wrote on 2/26/2010, 12:01 AM
I have MEP15 PLUS with 64-bit Windows 7 on an ASUS laptop.  I've created a project and imported videos.  I can play the videos, but cannot add them to the timeline.  When I dragged a clip down to the timeline, I see the outline of the video, but when I release it, it disappears.  Any help would be appreciated.

UPDATE: Ok, apparently I had not imported the videos.  They are in the project folder but they are not part of the project.  I have managed to get some imported and then a small red dot appears on those files.  Now my question is how do I (simply) added the others already in the folder to the project?  If I right click on them, I see the option to 'Import to project folder' but it is not available since the files are already in the folder.  Do I have to move them out and them import back into the folder?  Seems like a long way around...

Comments

bobbynuts wrote on 2/26/2010, 6:34 PM
Hi, you should just be able to drag the clips onto the timeline from the media browser or double click them to do the same - a single mouse click should start a preview. Files loaded into the current project have the red dot.

You can drag files from anywhere on your hard drive using the media browser they don't necessarily need to be in the project folder.

hope that helps.
bobbynuts wrote on 3/2/2010, 4:03 PM
Hi again DrCheeser,

Just a guess, but it could be something to do with running Win 7 64 bit - Have you tried running the program in compatibility mode or as Administrator.
Also have you tried with different file types to see if you get the same problem.
DrCheeser wrote on 3/17/2010, 4:44 PM
Problem solved: I contacted tech support and they told me to search for and delete "movieedit.ini".  It gets rebuilt on the next startup.  I did that and the program works great now!  Thanks Bobby and thanks Magix tech support.
bobbynuts wrote on 3/17/2010, 6:16 PM
Glad to hear you are up & running again and thanks for providing the solution ... I'lll make a note of that in case it happens to me.