pro 18 upgrade no statistics no playback meters

daudioguy wrote on 4/3/2024, 6:32 PM

After upgrading, the playback meters are frozen. Tools:Statistics -- no results screen.

I tried Sound Forge 17 where Tools:Statistics were working and to my disappointment this doesn't work in SF17 either.

I looked for somewhere in the options to turn of graphic acceleration (if that is a thing in SF (I forget)) but couldn't find it.

Another symptom - playback meters are frozen and don't move.

So far this has not been a good upgrade.

Win10. Fast PC with 32 GB of RAM:

Processor    AMD Ryzen 7 1700 Eight-Core Processor, 3100 Mhz, 8 Core(s), 16 Logical Processor(s)
Name    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

Runs Vegas and Cakewalk well enough and until SF18, SF17 worked pretty well. (why did I upgrade?)

ddt

Comments

SP. wrote on 4/3/2024, 6:46 PM

@daudioguy Simply restart your computer (select the Restart option and not the Shut down option!) and see if it helps.

rraud wrote on 4/4/2024, 11:04 AM

SFP-18 statistics works on my Win 10 PC, as does the peak factor on the playback meter If restarting the PC does not help, reset SF in the File menu.

The playback meters where changed in SF-17, totally removing the easy to read legacy dBFS peak meter. it will be allegedly brought back in a subsequent build.

daudioguy wrote on 4/4/2024, 4:14 PM

It seems that all the problems come from SF's intolerance of some of my many VSTs. I'm never going to use a synth with SF. I've restricted the VST search to just the Magix plug-ins and everything works. I've got to create a shared VST folder that is a severe subset of the VSTs that I have and then I should be fine.

rraud wrote on 4/5/2024, 10:13 AM

I'm never going to use a synth with SF

Sound Forge does not support VST instrument plug-ins.

daudioguy wrote on 4/5/2024, 9:38 PM

yes, SF doesn't support them, but it scans them and that is where it was getting stuck.