previously installed plugins are not detected

Iskander-Salimgareev wrote on 12/10/2021, 12:29 PM

Hi Why, after reinstalling ACID Music Studio11, previously installed plugins are not detected, for
example loopcloud, massive. Now they are in the failed folder. What to
do?

Comments

Iskander-Salimgareev wrote on 12/11/2021, 5:42 AM

To be honest, the month of using ACID brought nothing but disappointment to me, it's just some kind of crude unfinished unpredictable alpha version. It's impossible to create in it. I bought this DAW out of interest what is wrong with it now, and it's just a nightmare. It's time to bury ACID and move on

SP. wrote on 12/11/2021, 7:41 AM

@Iskander-Salimgareev Have you tried to reset the settings? If you hold CTRL+SHIFT and double click on the ACID program icon you will get a window which asks you if you want to reset the settings and the cache.

Iskander-Salimgareev wrote on 12/11/2021, 8:30 AM

Thanks for the advice. I did as you said, the settings were reset, but those plugins, as they were inactive, remained. The support service gave me the following advice:

thank you for your message.

To solve the problem, I recommend that you delete the software cache and perform a new scan of the plug-ins.

*.SCAN files contain the results of the scan process, which are generated when the "scan.exe" file is started.
ACID reads these files and saves them in the plug-in cache file.

Additional informations, e.g. whether a plugin has been renamed, are also contained in the *.scan file.
We always recommend to create a backup of the cache file by renaming the file "acidpro_bridgeaware_plugincache_x64.xml" to "acidpro_bridgeaware_plugincache_x64.xmlold" before you delete the software cache and restart ACID.

I didn't even have a PRO version, I did as I was told, but everything is still there. I give up.

Iskander-Salimgareev wrote on 12/11/2021, 8:36 AM

In general, the support service has never given me a single working solution. The most interesting thing is that at first everything worked in the trial version, now nothing works.