presets

Mark-Shapiro wrote on 12/11/2021, 12:52 AM

In Sound Forge Pro 15, I want to add my own preset from a preset file I already have (it's a .bj file), but where do I put that file or how do I load it so I can choose it in the Batch Converter screen?

My colleague at work has a previous version of Sound Forge. When she wants to use the preset, Sound Forge allows her to browse to a directory and choose the .bj file. But in my version of Sound Forge, we don't see how to do that.

Using Windows 10.

Thank you.

Comments

rraud wrote on 12/11/2021, 11:08 AM

Welcome to the Magix Sound Forge users community @Mark-Shapiro

The Batch Convertor tool was re-designed in SFP-14, so the legacy 'job' files will not work. Even if they are compatible, the Fx plug-ins may be in a different location and will not load.
Copy the individual plug-ins <.fxp> presets and create a new chain an/or batch job file. The legacy SCS Preset Manger still works for the Direct X plug-in presets if your wish to use those.. though not all DX plug-ins are compatible with a 64 bit host. (the iZotope and Ultrafunk DX plug-ins for instance).

Mark-Shapiro wrote on 12/13/2021, 7:48 AM
create a new chain an/or batch job file.

Thank you for your help. I know the values I want to enter for the preset, but I don't understand how to create a preset. (I couldn't figure out how to do it from the Help manual.)

rraud wrote on 12/13/2021, 10:33 AM

I don't understand how to create a preset. (I couldn't figure out how to do it from the Help manual.

@Mark-Shapiro What kind of preset do you not understand how to create? .. 'individual plug-in', 'plug-in chain' or 'batch job', Previous FX presets and FX chain presets are still compatible in the new Batch Converter which is faster easier than re-setting each plugs' individual parameters.

Saving VST and Direct X plug-ins have always been a little different. Direct X presets are more intuitive IMO.

Depending on the plug-in, some VSTs (iZ's Ozone for instance) have a built in user banks, so there are actually two ways to save and load those.

Mark-Shapiro wrote on 12/13/2021, 12:31 PM
What kind of preset do you not understand how to create?

I'm not familiar enough with the technical rubrics you mention. Here's my situation:

As mentioned, in a previous version of Sound Forge, my colleague is able to access a .bj file from her computer.

These are the settings her .bj file fills in:

Process – Auto Trim/Crop: Trim Silence
Function: Remove edges outside of the selection
Attack threshold: -40.00 dB (1.00 %)
Release threshold: -60.00 dB (0.10 %)
Fade in: 20
Fade out: 20

Save –
File Format: Convert to Type: MP3 Audio (*.mp3), Template: 320 Kbps, CD Transparent Audio
File Names: Same as source
File Folder: Save files to: (click “Browse” and select proper folder)

So I just want a way to apply all those settings to several files at once.

xman_charl wrote on 12/13/2021, 2:31 PM

my thingy for auto trim crop:

Process – Auto Trim/Crop: Trim Silence
Function: Remove silence between phrases (creates regions)
Attack threshold: -20.91 dB (9.01 %)
Release threshold: -31.82 dB (2.56 %)
Fade in: 20
Fade out: 20

way to apply all those settings to several files at once.

Me too!!!

Mark-Shapiro wrote on 12/13/2021, 3:53 PM

I figured it out now. Thanks again for your help.