Post virus help for using Acid Pro 7

matthew-j wrote on 9/4/2024, 7:31 PM

Hi there,

I recently encountered a virus on my laptop called Trojan:win32/Malgent!msr.. Windows Defender removed it quite quickly but, ever since, Acid Pro 7 hasn't been working very well. It continually freezes, showing the blue circle of death and 'Not Responding' in the top left of the screen. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Acid Pro 7 twice and the problem still persists. It seems some files are effected and not others as I was actually able to work on a different track yesterday so thought the problem had gone. Today however, working on another track, the same problem started again.

My question is, is there any way to fix this or do I just have to accept some of my files are now damaged beyond repair? Would buying Acid Pro 7 again maybe work? I wondered about buying Acid Pro 11 but the mixed reviews are putting me off. I am using Windows 10 and also wondered if updating to Windows 11 might be a solution? I don't understand why there is still a problem when the virus has been removed and I have done a full scan of the laptop since.

Any help or advice very much appreciated. I have been using Acid Pro 7 for a few years now and this is the 1st problem I have had with it.

Thanks if you read this far!

Comments

SP. wrote on 9/5/2024, 3:06 AM

@matthew-j You can try to reset the program settings. Hold CTRL and SHIFT and double click on the program icon to start Acid. Keep holding CTRL and SHIFT until a small window appears that will ask you if you want to reset the settings.

Windows also has a repair feature. Open the command prompt as administrator, type sfc /scannow and press Enter.

Windows will now check its components tries to repair them. If sfc isn't able to repair your system and shows an error try

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

After that, try sfc /scannow again.

See also here: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/manufacture/desktop/repair-a-windows-image?view=windows-10

matthew-j wrote on 9/6/2024, 4:53 AM

@matthew-j You can try to reset the program settings. Hold CTRL and SHIFT and double click on the program icon to start Acid. Keep holding CTRL and SHIFT until a small window appears that will ask you if you want to reset the settings.

Windows also has a repair feature. Open the command prompt as administrator, type sfc /scannow and press Enter.

Windows will now check its components tries to repair them. If sfc isn't able to repair your system and shows an error try

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

After that, try sfc /scannow again.

See also here: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/manufacture/desktop/repair-a-windows-image?view=windows-10

Thank you, I will try all of these! Thank you again for taking the time. :)

Update - It worked! Thank you so much for your help, very relieved to have it working properly again.