Poorly designed installer for silent network deployment

Jarrod-Morrison wrote on 2/21/2024, 2:58 AM

Having emailed support and waited patiently for well over a week with no response im hoping other network admin out here may have advice. My school has acid pro 11 and a licensed network server. Historically we ran a thick image with the software preinstalled so never had to worry about silent deployments where now this product is almost useless. I need to silent deploy to 300 devices and no matter the methods we I have tried its never reliable and rarely successful.

We have tried extracting the files to check prerequisites and all manner of methods with nothing working stably. I can get the base version 11 product to install now with a lot of tweaking but the mxupdate fails and wont install as its complaining vc2013 isnt installed when it is. Removing it breaks other software that relies on the newer version so what are others doing to get around this apart from scrapping this software and telling everyone to stay away

Comments

SP. wrote on 2/21/2024, 3:12 AM

@Jarrod-Morrison The Acid installer will reinstall the VC++ 2013 Redistributables if you uninstall them beforehand.

johnebaker wrote on 2/21/2024, 4:32 AM

@Jarrod-Morrison

Hi

. . . . Having emailed support and waited patiently for well over a week with no response . . . .

Which email address did you use?

An obvious question, however, did you check your mail server spam folders, the emails sometimes end up there for some unknown reason.

Your other option is to raise a support ticket, link is at the top of the page, select Acid and then scroll down to the bottom of the page selecting Contact/Email Support through the following pages.

HTH

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Jarrod-Morrison wrote on 2/21/2024, 7:09 PM

I logged into my magix account and opened a support ticket well over a week ago with no response but then after posting here someone decided to respond to saying they are looking to it

@SP. our issue is the amount of products using the VC 2013 where they are newer versions seemingly than what the acid installer wants to use. We redesigned our deployment to remove all of the VC 2013 runtimes, let the initial acid11 installer run, then remove them all again, run the latest update for acid11 then update to the latest vc2013 runtimes so our other software doesnt break. As an educational institute the response we got from Magix as well about our license being older than 2 years where they are not obligated to support us has meant we will no longer be using it across any insitute statewide and will seek other products. Hopefully this post will help other network admins who might get caught with mass deployments silently to be able to successfully do so

SP. wrote on 2/21/2024, 7:22 PM

@Jarrod-Morrison Yeah, a problem is that the software is super old. Sony left it without a major development for 10 years after it's last Sony release around 2008. Then Magix paid the developers to make a 64 Bit version in 2018. But after that there were only minor updates and since 2020 it's basically dead. It's financially not viable to develop it any further. Since 2008 most users switched to alternatives and they did not came back after the re-release.