Poor audio playback

Howard-Knoles wrote on 1/3/2024, 6:56 PM

Hello

I'm having a problem with the sound output/playback in the MusicMaker 2024 program. I got 3 new sound packs today and installed them, but when I tried to use the sounds they were full of background static and the rhythms and tempos were off. But when I played the same files in AcidPro they sounded OK. Next I uninstalled my copy of MusicMaker 2024 and downloaded new install file and ran it. Same thing happened to all the audio files when I tried to play in the reinstalled program. However, when I saved a copy of the bad file I was working to MP3 and played that back with windows player the sound was normal and OK. Whats going on as program was working fine last time I used it?

I'm running Windows 11 64-bit On a AMD CPU with a ASUS motherboard and using a USB audio Output device into my speakers.

Comments

SP. wrote on 1/3/2024, 8:27 PM

@Howard-Knoles In Music Maker navigate to File > Settings > Program Settings > Audio/MIDI and select an ASIO driver, for example Music Maker ASIO or the ASIO driver of your USB audio interface, in case that is the USB audio output device you mentioned. Then click on the Advanced button next to the driver selection to open the ASIO driver settings. Select your audio input and audio output and set the buffer size to something reasonable like 512 samples. Increase the buffer size to 1024 or 2048 samples if your computer cannot handle the load. Usually it should work fine.

Howard-Knoles wrote on 1/4/2024, 11:16 AM

That worked!

Thanks