plugin is automatically showing last saved preset

Bill-Holland wrote on 10/17/2023, 5:00 AM

I'm an old Sound Forge 12 user, this was not a behavior in that version...

I use a plugin, creating a preset. The next audio file I use the plugin on, it automatically brings up that last saved preset. I would prefer it go back to default every time, not the last saved preset. Is there a setting to turn this behavior on or off?

Comments

rraud wrote on 10/17/2023, 1:17 PM

The last used preset of a plug-in that is executed becomes the default with Direct X plug-ins,, I think VSTs are now the same, VSTs used to however, revert to the factory default as I recall, I prefer the current behavior. On some Plug-ins. I creative a 'default' preset as a starting point, for instance an EQ with no boosts or cuts. I am not aware of a setting to disable the defaults setting.

btw, welcome to the Magix Sound Forge users community @Bill-Holland.

Bill-Holland wrote on 10/17/2023, 1:36 PM

Thanks for the fast reply!

It's a VST plugin, FabFilter ProQ2 EQ. Ya, it used to revert to factory default on old SF12, much preferrable. I have created a new "default" preset in SF17 but it's just another step I have to use everytime, and I use the plugin a lot so it's inefficient for me. Would be a nice thing to have an option.

Thanks again for the fast reply!

rraud wrote on 10/18/2023, 9:55 AM

When SF is exited and reopened, VST plug-ins open to their default. DX plug-ns open to the last used preset regardless of reopening SF. It would be nice if there was an option for permanent preset when a plug-in is opened..
FWIW, Sound Forge Audio Studio 12 was a unique build (pros & cons). SF Pro 12 and subsequent versions of AS used the legacy template.