Plug-in Chainer, two annoying issues - 17.0.2

RonLynne wrote on 9/13/2023, 11:04 PM

Hi folks, I've been searching for a solution but can't find one anywhere, so here we are. Two problems I have with plug-in chainer.

Win10, version SF17.0.2 (Build 109)

1. The window resizes to the active plugin. Cool, but for a small plugin that means I can't click on other plugins because they aren't visible in the chain at the top. I have to click on a large plugin to get a bigger window. Annoying extra steps. There is no scroll function except when you first open the chainer.

2. If I have a chain, and I am on a plugin, and I want to click over to another plugin, unless I am ridiculously gentle, clicking on the next plugin drags it to a different spot in the chain. If preview is happening it stalls the program. This happens far too frequently and I find myself re-ordering my plugins multiple times in a session.

Neither problem is unmanageable, but man it gets frustrating to be working and have to stop to put something back where it was, or click around to simply choose a different plugin.

Any settings or options that might fix this?

Thanks,
Ron

Comments

rraud wrote on 9/14/2023, 10:47 AM

Welcome to the Magix Sound Forge users community @RonLynne.

If you are using third-party 32 bit VST-2 plug-ins, the display is messed up which only shows a small portion of the plug-in's window making adjustment impossible. This behavior occurs in both plug-in chainer modes and when the plug-in when applied singularly. All versions of SF-16 and 17 have this issue. Magix is aware of the display problem and working on a fix.

I use the up/down arrow keys to select a different plugs in the batch tool.

RonLynne wrote on 9/14/2023, 11:09 AM

Thanks, that does seem relevant, however, these are all 3rd party VST3 plugins, and I do get the full view of the plug-in GUI, the chainer window itself resizes too small. I assume the issues may be related, so thank you for that.

It would seem the arrow keys are a solution to both problems, albeit a workaround, but I’ll take it.

RonLynne wrote on 9/14/2023, 11:15 AM

As you can see in the first pic, there are more plugins just lost. Second pic shows most of the rest of the plug-in chain at the top.

rraud wrote on 9/14/2023, 11:36 AM

That looks similar to the the 'third-party 32 bit VST-2 plug-ins' issue,

Either makes a plug pretty much non-adjustable. Frustrating to say the least.

RonLynne wrote on 9/14/2023, 11:48 AM

Also, you mentioned an arrow key shortcut to move between plugins? That doesn’t seem to work for me. Is that a default shortcut or do I need to set it up? Thanks again!