Comments

SP. wrote on 4/12/2024, 4:32 PM

@david-lefkowitz Some things you can do, in case you didn't already try them.

In case the audio driver is bugged, you need to restart the computer. Please select the Restart option and not the Shut down option or otherwise the driver will not re-initialize.

Next, you can reset the Sound Forge program preferences under the File menu.

If you edit compressed audio files make sure to select the option to always proxy compressed audio files in Sound Forge preferences.

david-lefkowitz wrote on 4/12/2024, 11:41 PM

Thanks, I did all that you mentioned; and I wrote back in detail— which then disappeared! (Hopefully I may yet find it.) The problem seems to be some quirk in the computer which resulted through some action relating ONLY to Sound Forge! Every other source in the computer works perfectly! Even installing a new, latest version of Sound Forge didn’t fix the problem!!

johnebaker wrote on 4/13/2024, 2:07 AM

@david-lefkowitz

Hi

. . . . even with Trial Installation of new Sound Forge 17 . . . .

Assuming you mean Sound Forge Audio Studio 17, it is important to specify the full name of the program, does this mean you had an older version of Sound Forge Audio Studio installed and it was working correctly and now does not?

If not then can you clarify the above statement, additionally, assuming your are running on a PC, what is the Windows version.

If you are running on a MAC, using Parallels and Windows then you need to be asking on the Parallels forum.

John EB
Froum Moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

SP. wrote on 4/13/2024, 5:44 AM

@david-lefkowitz Your problem might also be caused by an incompatibility between your system and the Magix Low Latency ASIO driver.

If you want to uninstall Magix Low Latency you can press the Windows key + R on your computer keyboard, and type regedit in the Open field and press Enter to open the Windows registry:

Then navigate to:  HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > ASIO > Magix Low Latency 2016:

Now, simply right click the Magix Low Latency 2016 folder, and delete it.

After that, restart your computer with the Restart option and not the Shut down option.

I hope this solves your problem.