Play Cursor is Freezing During Playback, But No Audio Interuptions

horse wrote on 3/29/2024, 10:08 PM

Hi! I'm having trouble dialing in the right CPU settings for Samplitude Pro X8 Suite.

I'm running it on an Intel(R) Core (TM) i7-6700 CPU@3.40Ghz, 64.0 GB Ram. Windows 10

My audio interface is a Scarlett Solo 3rd Gen.

I've tried different buffer sizes in the Scarlett and in Samplitude.

The track will play, but the play cursor is freezing for a sec after about 4-8 seconds playback.

Audio of the track isn't interrupted, but I'm getting record errors during recording.

Just don't know what to set the buffers to for smooth playback.

I've lowered the Scarlett buffer to 128 and raised to 1024, but the issue remains.

I've varied the number of CPU buffers between 2-8, no noticeable difference.

The play cursor seems to freeze right before the end of each midi drum pattern.

Hoping to get some answers on if my setup can run this Samplitude or if I'm barking up the wrong DAW.

Thanks!

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 3/30/2024, 4:23 AM

@horse

Welcome to the Magix user to user forums.

Since your question refers to problems with Samplitude Pro and I believe there are not many users of the Pro edition who visit and post here I would like to suggest you register at and repost to the dedicated Samplitude Pro forum here.

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

SP. wrote on 3/30/2024, 4:37 AM

@horse I could already help if you restart your computer. Please select the Restart option and not the Shut down option.