Picture enlarging, when clicking on them

frankvestner wrote on 4/17/2009, 2:10 PM
Hi all,

I have started to make my homepage. I have several small pictures on it. What I like to realize is the following. When the guest clicks on one of the small pictures then a larger picture shall pop up. Clicking outside the frame the blow up pic shall close and the regular page shall be shown again.

Can this be realized with Webiste maker and how??

Thanks for your help in advance

F.

Comments

ralftaro wrote on 4/18/2009, 7:22 AM
Hi,

I'm afraid there's no way to make this work exactly the way you describe and there's no dedicated function to implement thumbnail galleries in Website Maker. However, there's a way to implement kinda what you're looking for using Website Maker's functions. See below for my instructions. You might also want to consider using the Online Album service that is part of your Magix online services account for your photo gallery. I understand it's not really what you were looking to do and it doesn't integrate as well into the actual site, but at least that part is really designed for the online presentation of a bigger number of photos. There's a checkbox in the webiste settings that makes a link to your Online Album appear in your website's navigation bar.

Ok, anyway, here's my advice on how to make a thumbnail gallery with enlargeable images happen: I suggest setting up your picture gallery (with the thumbnails on it) on one page. Then add more pages to the project that you configure to not appear in the main navigation bar. Each of these pages will hold one full-sized picture. Each thumbnail on the gallery page will link to the appropriate full picture page via an internal link ("Properties" panel => "Linking" section). Done. You can make pages disappear from the navigation bar by selecting the navigation bar and going to the "Properties" panel => "Navigation" section, where you will find little eye icons for each page that can be used to toggle the display of the page in the navigation bar. Using this, you hide all the pages with the big image verions on them.

I hope this helps.