Photostory Easy problems - is there a fix?

erniec wrote on 2/25/2015, 3:58 PM

MAGIX Photostory easy, ver. 1.0.5.18(UDC2).  I've only used this a short while, but I have experience with the video editors.  I find that PSE has several serious bugs.  I'm wondering if they will be fixed, or if the full Photostory version will fix these:

1. I import about 300 photos into PSE.  They are a mix of 3:2 and 4:3.  I have PSE do a "create slideshow automatically".  It does so, but all images have the same size ratio, in this case 4:3 (I could do 16:).  I add a curtain intro and outro from the Decoration tab.  They are automatically applied to the first and last photo, with some overlap.  I can change the text of the intro/outro in the Text tab, but I can do nothing else.  I can't select the intro I can't delete it.  If I delete the photo it is associated with, that photo goes away but the intro is now attached to the new first photo.  To get rid of the intro I have to redo the entire project.

2. I want all my photos to be onscreen for 5 sec.  I change them all by selecting the time for the first photo and "change all".  Then I want to change one photo to 9 sec.  After I do, all subsequent photos in the timeline are now affected: 4 of the next photos have 4.29 sec. and the 5th is still 5 sec.  Then, 4, 1, 4, 1 the pattern continues for the rest of the slideshow.  I can't fix this. every time I try to adjust the time on one photo all subsequent ones are affected.

3. I do the "create slideshow automatically, and the View effects Section, Size & Position, and Animation are all applied randomly (sortof) to the slideshow.  I can then go back and change Section and Size/Position on individual slides, but Animation is greyed out - I can't change it.  The real problem with this is that once I change Section or Size/Position, the Animation goes bad.  Instead of a smooth pan, for example, I get a jerky pan back and forth.  

The end result of my fighting this one slideshow for a week is that I have a slideshow that is simply one static photo after another (with crossfade transition) that just starts and stops.  I bought PSE so I could do something more "professional", and the software is supposed to do great stuff, but it fails miserably.

What is the fix?  Is a patch or upgrade coming?  Do I have to buy another product?

Thanks for wading through all this text.  I hope you can help.

Comments

No comments yet - be the first to write a comment...