Photo Manager MX Delux Online Album

robert24 wrote on 10/9/2013, 2:01 PM

Is it possible to change the order that photos appear in the on line slide show? The on line manager doesn't allow photos to be reorganised manually only basic changes ie newest first / last can be made. But this doesn't change the order of the slideshow.

I want to add a photo in the middle. I can upload it but it just goes to the end.

Comments

browj2 wrote on 10/9/2013, 3:34 PM

Hi Robert,

Yes, but the sort is limited to Filename, Upload date, and Media type. Click on the little down arrow beside the sort button in Online Manager to see the options. You would have to rename you files.

Since you have Photo Manager, you could more easily create a slideshow with Slideshow Maker 2 and upload it or export it to your album. Make sure to save the source file before exiting Slideshow Maker or exporting so that you can reopen it if you want to make changes later. I have another post about Slideshow Maker that you can consult.

Good luck,

John

Last changed by browj2 on 10/9/2013, 3:34 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2024 with MM2023 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

robert24 wrote on 10/16/2013, 7:23 AM

tks John, It's a bit disapointing that Photo Manager online can't do what Picasa has been doing for free for years but so be it.

I am still trying Slideshow maker but haven't found a way to save and reopen. Can you help? Also could you direct me to your other post you referred to.

Would it would be a good idea to be able to search by product on this forum?

cheers

Robert

browj2 wrote on 10/17/2013, 11:09 AM

Hi Robert,

Here is the link to my message about SlideShow Maker:

http://www.magix.info/us/at-what-point-in-the-slide-show-process-do.knowledge.1035904.html

As I indicated in the link, you can save the project in SlideShow Maker, but only when you are on the Finish tab. That is when the diskette shows up on the menu line. Beside it is a folder to open an existing project. This is probably because you can't edit the slideshow in SlideShow Maker once it is compiled, so having it on the first screen is not helpful. I was mistaken as you cannot modify the slideshow here, only run it. The extension is .MVM. Once the effects have been applied, Magix creates the result. There are a few ways to go back and edit, but editing cannot be done in Slideshow Maker.

One way is to save your effects as a template, reopen Slideshow Maker, import the same slides or more slides or different slides, review your template effects, create a new one with modified effects, and apply the result. If you think that you will want to go back and edit your slideshow, then when you prepare your slideshow you should copy all of the source files into a folder or a Category so that you can quickly run Slideshow Maker again to make adjustments on the same files.

If you have PhotoStory, you can open the Slideshow Maker file and modify the slideshow. You have to navigate to the Slideshow Maker folder and change the search to all files, and then load the .MVM file. You can reset all effects on the slides and rerun the slideshow maker or wizard. This is not an optimal way to go, but is doable. You will at least have your slides in the timeline, which you can then rearrange or add to. The run Slideshow Maker from the Wizard. There is one problem, if you created your slideshow with music, the music will not show up on any of the tracks and you cannot remove it. At least I could not find any way to remove it.

If you have Movie Edit Pro (MEP), you can drag the .MVM file onto the timeline. A warning message will appear indicating that the file is not supported by Movie Edit Pro. Ignore this, and the slideshow will appear. Change to the timeline view, and you can see how the slideshow has been put together, including any music that shows up on track 5. Here you now have control over everything to make adjustments. This is the the same as though the slideshow had been made in MEP using Slideshow Maker wizard.

Bottom line, Slideshow Maker creates a slideshow. Once you have finalized your slideshow in SlideShow Maker, you can't go back and edit it in SlideShow Maker, but there are other options. Thus you should carefully setup your slideshow, and review all effects and the result before finalizing. If you want to tweak the result, then you should use PhotoStory or MEP and the slideshow wizard (which is actually Slideshow Maker ) available in each.

Hope this helps,

John

Last changed by browj2 on 10/17/2013, 11:09 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2024 with MM2023 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

robert24 wrote on 10/20/2013, 11:17 AM

Hi John,

Thanks for all the detail. I think I now understand what the software can't do.

The bottom line is there is no way of editing anything online. Any changes have to be made on the PC and then uploaded again having deleted the online file. Shame but there it is.

As for what it can do I have followed your suggestion and dragged the .MVM file into MEP, made small changes and opened the slideshow wizzard. However whether I keep or delete the effects when I Create Movie (preview) it moves elements around and changes the effects I have added. When I cancel they return to the location I put them in. It seems you can't modify the slideshow other perhaps than adding to the end of it which was the original problem.

I can't understand why such a simple requirement is so complicated and seemingly impossible to achieve.

Thanks again for your help

Regards

Robert