Permanent loading of ALL obtained soundpools in MM premium?

zuchowski wrote on 1/15/2018, 11:29 AM

So, every time I load Music Maker Premium, it only installs the basic soundpool (Feel Good), but seems to ignore all the other packages I have gotten with the Premium version plus purchased. How do I get the program to load them all during startup? It's a real nuisance having to rescan the soundpools each time I load the program just to gain access to them.

Also, I want to relocate the soundpool library folder to my D: drive instead of having it on my C: drive. Can I just move the files there and then point the setting in the MM program to that new folder?

And lastly, I have a boatload of .WAV files I've accumulated and want to add at least the drum loops. Will MM import these as soundpools? Any practical limitations in the number of loops within an individual soundpool?

Comments

zuchowski wrote on 1/15/2018, 7:15 PM

Well, I uninstalled the MM application and reinstalled it. Still having the problem. Odd thing is that my PC in my other building (both are Win10 systems) in my "music room" is working fine loading all the soundpools during program load like I want it to. I've tried everything I can thing of, including reinstalling the program, the soundpools, rescanning them, moving them from one folder to another, then back again, looked at every option I can find in the program itself, but nothing works. I have to rescan ALL of the soundpools each and every time I run the program on my main house PC. Both systems are pretty new with pretty beefy hardware, btw.

Anyone have a solution to this? And yes, I am running the latest versions on both PCs. It's not a show stopper, but darn inconvenient and a nuisance, nonetheless.

Oh, one odd thing is that when I look at the soundloops in the store, all the ones I currently own are still showing the option to download and install them again. I actually did that for one of them, thinking it might clear up the problem, but no such luck.

tj-drones wrote on 3/11/2018, 3:53 PM

I'm having the opposite problem, where now after two clean reinstallations, all of my purchased content is still appearing without issue, but the 'Feel Good' Soundpool that you are only able to load is not showing up inside the Music Maker program for me when I load it. The folder is still available as are all the files on my hard drive itself and in the folder with all the other sound pools. Seems to be some sort of error where it is not recognizing and loading that particular default/free soundpool. It even loads the demo song that uses the loops that are tracked to it, but my ability to select this soundpool or any of it's loops from the "Loop" sidebox is unavailable. Suggestions or similar problems? It was there up until i recently activated the EDM edition and I'm not saying that is when it happened but it was after that time that I noticed it was no longer in my library selection.

I performed a re-instillation the first time with Music Maker still installed. In this instance, it presented 9 steps.
Something like:
step 1. Uninstall this
step 2. reinstall this
step 3. uninstall that
step 4. reinstall that
step 5. Uninstall Music Maker
step 6. reinstall Music Maker

Then it specificially stated:
Uninstall Music Maker - Feel Good soundpool
Reinstall Music Maker - Feel Good soundpool
So I open Music Maker and it loads the demo song but still no loading of the Feel Good soundpool.

So then I performed an uninstall manually of Music Maker from within Windows 10 app/program removal.
I verified in explorer, and it seems that all soundpools, including Feel Good, were still left in the public/commons/directory untouched, i guess to saves the user from redownloading these later. (although you would think they should be asking you during uninstall so you can choose if you want to keep these files or not)

So now I performed a clean install of Music Maker.
In this instance it only presented me 3 Steps, install this, install that, install Music Maker... Done
Open program.... again it doesn't show up. Even though it is still there in the folder with all the other soundpools I have purchased, and those ones all load instantly when I run the program.

Another uninstall, and this time i manually moved 'Feel Good' to a separate folder to keep the files because this is already making me anxious and I don't want to literally delete them.

I perform another installation. Again only 3 steps. No mention of Feel Good. The demo song still loads up, but the 'Feel Good' folder and files are no longer being installed into the soundpools directory that once held the folder that I manually moved... so I moved the folder back into the directory it used to be in (where it began) and reopened Music Maker. Still it does not recognize this soundpool.

I know this is ONLY one soundpool, a free one at that, and life can easily move on without it, at this point I'm out of my knowhow and frustrated so I'm open to some other ideas by posting it on the forums but I can't keep doing the same thing over and over expecting different results. That would make me crazy. So I can only do this uninstall/reinstall thing so many times. The folder and files are all clearly there where it wants it, so this has to be some sort of (guessing) .ini or .sys .xml .??? settings or code right? Anything I can do to recover this lost soundpool?

browj2 wrote on 3/11/2018, 8:37 PM

Hi,

Firstly, Soundpools are installed by default under:

C:\Users\Public\Documents\MAGIX\Common\Soundpools\...

They are not programs, but simply files. You can move them elsewhere by cutting and pasting, but you have to tell MusicMaker where you put them.

However, Soundpools purchased through the Store are put under:

C:\Users\Public\Documents\MAGIX\Common\Soundpools\Shop

and I don't know what happens if these are moved but you can try. Note that there are files under one or more subfolders like:

C:\Users\Admin\Documents\MAGIX\Music Maker\ShopManager_mm24dlx\FileCache

and these are probably recreated but I wouldn't mess with them.

Uninstalling and reinstalling MusicMaker does absolutely nothing to these files - they are not part of the program, so you are wasting your time trying to solve soundpool download or location problems by reinstalling the program.

FEEL GOOD

This works for me. Look carefully at where this Soundpool is located. Mine is at:

C:\Users\Public\Documents\MAGIX\Common\Soundpools\Music Maker - Feel good

and all of the instruments show up there. Here is a screen shot of my folder:

In MusicMaker, look where they are:

They are not here:

So if you are looking for "Feel good" in MusicMaker but the Soundpool is under a different name, look there.

Lastly, if you add Soundpools, you may have to scan the location again by clicking on the Add button and navigating to where they are located. I have some that don't take, for some reason, but this is rare.

For more information, watch my tutorial on where Soundpools are located:

John CB

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2024 with MM2023 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos