pcm files!!! help

ryan-armer wrote on 11/7/2018, 8:30 AM

hey not to sure if this has been asked before,but i am having major issues with certain samples and sample packs playing in magix(i have version 18).ive been using magix for about 6 years and have only come across this problem in the last 6 moths or so.i try loading a perticular sample and it says "this is not a pcm file", or something to that effect.now its in wav format and have no issue with most my other samples.however weirdly i have noticed recently that even samples that were working fine about 2 weeks ago are now saying the same thing when i try to load them.and alternatively samples that have said that for the past 2-3 months occasionally work.ive looked online and found no help what so ever for this issue.all my samples are in wav format and have not had an issue for years untill apporx 5-6 months ago when all this started.if anyone has any ideas or fixes for this issue it would be greatly appreciated as i have got complete sample packs that cost alot of money that i cant even use because of this issue.it just seams like magix decides on a whim on any given day whether it will let me use a certain sample of not.always the same problem though "this is not a pcm file".then i could use the same sample a week later and it works.anyways enough rambling,thanks in advance if anyone can help.

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 11/7/2018, 9:16 AM

Hi, welcome to the Magix forums.

First, it would be very helpful to know exactly which version of Windows you are running, and which build.

Second, if you literally mean the version of MM you have is "18" (btw "magix" is a company, not a program), then that is very old; the current latest version is 27.0.2.26.

The fact that sometimes your sample files play, and sometimes do not, I think suggests some kind of anomaly in the data that MM is reading. Can you find, download and install the free MediaInfo utility and point it to one of your files which does play in MM and one which does not? Please post the results of the Tree view for these two files to any reply. I rather suspect this may only serve to add confusion to your problem, with the results likely to be very similar, but we must seek to eliminate all possible variations.

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

ryan-armer wrote on 11/7/2018, 9:25 AM

thank you for the reply.i am running windows 10 on a i7.i am aware magix is a company lol.its just easier to write that than music maker every time.it cant be that old surly as i only bought the latest version in january. when i said 18 i meant 2018 so sorry for the confusion.its updated only last week so everything is current(at least within my specific version).i will in the meantime install nedialinfo utility and do as you suggested.you will have to excuse my rather archaic understanding within this matter as i am certainly no expert and just utilise it as a hobby.many thanks again and will keep you informed.also the version i am running is exactly as you wrote 27.0.2.26.

emmrecs wrote on 11/7/2018, 11:11 AM

Thanks for the update.

You say you are running Win 10, but which build? How much RAM? Which i7 CPU? What type of hard drive and how much free space? GPU? All this is information which might well help us to help you.

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam