Comments

SP. wrote on 8/14/2021, 9:02 PM

@Debra-Nanni Have you bought a new version from Magix.com or an old used copy?

Debra-Nanni wrote on 8/14/2021, 9:12 PM

Hi @SP. I believed I was purchasing the 12.6 version of Sony sound forge off Magix. im familiar with the sound forge editing applications, tried the test version, then chose to purchase it.

'signed on with the P3 number it said it was for another product or version. Just went to magix and it is wantint to download a different product. :(

Any thoughts. And thank you :)

Debra-Nanni wrote on 8/14/2021, 9:55 PM

HI @SP.  i went back to my email and registered again from there, it downloaded sony sound forge 15. Ill take it. thank you for your interest :

Debra

SP. wrote on 8/15/2021, 5:41 AM

@Debra-Nanni Ok, good it's working. I was a bit confused because you were talking about Sony Sound Forge which is a much older version. Sony has nothing to do with the current versions and it isn't called Sony Sound Forge anymore.

rraud wrote on 8/15/2021, 11:18 AM

"Magix" markets the current version of Sound Forge (15), so SF 12 would have been purchased from a third-party seller. If everything is legitimate, it can be registered and activated through Magix. If it was registered previously to another account holder, it would need to be unregistered or transferred by that party.

FYI, most of the SCS (Sony Creative Software) A/V products were acquired by Magix in 2016.

btw, welcome to the Magix Sound Forge users forum @Debra-Nanni.