Ozone 9 Elements has not loaded with my Sound Forge Audio Studio 14

Stephen-King4645 wrote on 6/27/2021, 11:01 PM

None of my drop down quick menu apps for effects or mastering work and have not since I downloaded after purchasing.

From what I gather I may need to uninstall and reinstall to fix this error. However, I don't seem to be able to download again from my software link from magix and I do not want to risk losing all. Any suggestions or fixes most appreciated. Thanks

Comments

rraud wrote on 6/28/2021, 9:57 AM

Sound Forge has a (check-mark) option to download and install SF, Ozone and the other included software in the 'installation manager'. The Ozone installer may be in your PC already. Look in "Documents> "MAGIX Downloads> installation manager" You should not need to uninstall SF, just install (or re-install) Ozone.

btw, welcome to the Magix Sound Forge users forum @Stephen-King4645.

Stephen-King4645 wrote on 6/28/2021, 1:34 PM

I looked in the folder as suggested and did not see Ozone. I then uninstalled SF and re-installed but same problem. For some reason the Ozone and mastering effects don't seem to be included. When I load an audio file and try to apply after selecting all, etc. Nothing happens.

rraud wrote on 6/28/2021, 4:03 PM

I am not very familiar with AS (Audio Studio), It maybe in an 'odd' menu. Open the Plug-in chainer and look for it in the VST folder or in the "Options> Preferences> VST Effects" to confirm it was installed

In the install manager, there is an option to choose what is installed, Did you check-mark Ozone? if not, install it, You do not need to reinstall SF

Stephen-King4645 wrote on 6/28/2021, 10:15 PM

Not getting any sub folder, chainer or ozone vst listing. When I reinstalled there was no option box. I do recall it being the case when I downloaded. Thanks again.

emmrecs wrote on 6/29/2021, 5:12 AM

@Stephen-King4645

I wonder whether you might resolve the problem by using something like Revo Uninstaller to ensure everything connected with the previous install of SFAS is completely removed. (The free version should be adequate for this but the Pro version is what I, and several other users here, run.) Then reboot and try the reinstall again. Does that then offer you the option to install Ozone Elements?

If you do use Revo it is a very powerful tool. Just check carefully anything it lists to be removed, both files, folders and registry entries, after its Advanced search, especially if you have any other Magix product installed.

HTH

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

rraud wrote on 6/29/2021, 9:56 AM

As Jeff stated, uninstall w/ Revo and use the advanced scan mode. The free version of Revo is usually adequate, unless one needs to force uninstall, but I have never needed that with SF and Vegas. If you have another version of SF and/or Vegas, choose carefully what Revo removes, some of the Fx are shared, otherwise you may have to reinstall the sister app as well.

Also remove the Magix Download folder in your Documents folder and download a fresh installer from the Magix Service Center. Disable anti-virus as well.