Comments

rraud wrote on 2/21/2023, 12:13 PM

The iZotope Ozone activation code should be in the same Magix email message with your Sound Forge serial. If it is not there or you no longer have the message, email Magix customer service: infoservice@magix.net -or- sales@magix.net

If you previously installed and registered Ozone 10 Elements, the serial can be retrieved by logging into your iZotope account.

btw, welcome to the Magix Sound Forge users community @Michael-Poquette.

craig-d wrote on 2/23/2023, 3:39 AM

hi @Michael-Poquette, it is important to know that customers only receive a serial number for those plugins if they purchased SF directly from Magix, and not as part of a bundle. So if you purchased Vegas, for example, and received SF as a bonus, then you don't get the iZotope plugins...also, if you purchased SF from a third party, normally the bonus plugins aren't included. If you purchased directly from Magix, and did not receive those serial numbers, then you can submit a ticket and the sales team will make sure you get all that you need.

Michael-Poquette wrote on 2/23/2023, 10:03 AM

I updated to the latest version of Sound Forge 16 and Ozone 10 came with it. When I purchased Sound Forge 16 originally, it came with Ozone 9. I have the email with serial numbers for Sound Forge and Ozone 9 Elements. Sound Forge S/N is valid. Ozone 9 S/N does not work for Ozone 10. How do I submit a ticket?

rraud wrote on 2/23/2023, 10:33 AM

Ozone 9 S/N does not work for Ozone 10

An Ozone-9 serial is not supposed to activate Ozone-10.

An "Update" only affects Sound Forge. I do not think that pertains to third-party software.
If you wish to request Magix support, the (revised) instructions can be found here:
https://www.magix.info/us/forum/sound-forge-display-font--1264650/#ca1822142

craig-d wrote on 2/24/2023, 3:45 AM

yes, @rraud is correct, the serial numbers between versions are not interchangeable. also, yes, for customers who purchased sound forge pro 16 before this past november, the bundled plugins were ozone 9 and rx 8...this is what we were given by izotope. in november, izotope changed that and gave us ozone 10 and rx 10 for our bundles...unfortunately, only the customers who purchased sfp16 after november get serial numbers for ozone 10 and rx 10, the customers who purchased prior to that do not get a free upgrade to the later versions, unfortunately, as the bundle changed.

erik-w wrote on 5/22/2023, 6:38 PM

Im having a similar issue but also a further problem. I received Soundforge 16 studio in a HumbleBundle so my registration key came through them and not via email. There are no instructions or further product keys or serial numbers for Ozone in the HB redemption instructions and I have no such emails from Magix. I tried using the Soundforge serial number but it didnt work. Where do we get the Ozone serial number? I purchased the HumbleBundle in December of last year so I shouldnt have the issue with Ozone 9 vs 10 but If I do once I have a working serial how do I roll it back because 10 elements is what is currently installed?

craig-d wrote on 5/23/2023, 1:19 AM

Hi @erik-w...you have to watch out for Humble Bundle...the programs sold there do not include serial numbers for the bonus software. Humble Bundle does make a very tiny note to say this on their product descriptions, but sadly it is not made perfectly clear by them. If you did not buy the program directly from Magix, then you don't get the serial numbers for the bonus stuff. that goes generally for all programs on Humble Bundle, not just Magix programs.