Output Arcade crashing Acid Pro Suite 10

jason-shaw wrote on 5/5/2021, 9:25 AM

I am trying to use the loop synth vst ''Output Arcade'' (v1.6.1.4076) in Acid Pro Suite 10 (current version as of 5/5/21). I am using Windows 10, all latest updates.

When I select Output Arcade as a vst (soft synth) in a new midi track I get an immediate error:

''Microsoft Edge can't read and write to its data directory:

C:\Program Files\ACID\ACID Pro Suite 10.0\acidsuite.exe.WebView2\EBWebView''

and then Acid Pro Suite 10 crashes.

Has anyone any ideas what is causing this/if it can be fixed??

Many thanks indeed for your help.

Comments

SP. wrote on 5/5/2021, 9:42 AM

@jason-shaw C:\Program Files\ is a directory that is especially protected by Windows to prevent damage to the system. This means your user account needs special privileges to be able to write into this directory.

Does it help if you start ACID as administrator? Right click on the program icon and select the corresponing entry.

jason-shaw wrote on 5/5/2021, 9:46 AM

hi

Many thanks for the suggestion - I have tried that but it doesn't prevent the crash unfortunately.

😕

SP. wrote on 5/5/2021, 10:05 AM

@jason-shaw I install all my Magix software into C:\Users\MyUserName\Magix\NameOfTheSoftware\

Maybe it helps if you install your ACID in a different directory like C:\Users\ or just C:\

jason-shaw wrote on 5/5/2021, 10:12 AM

hi - Yes I think I'll try that - sound like a good idea.

I will update this post if it works!

jason-shaw wrote on 5/7/2021, 2:07 AM

Many thanks for all the help - some useful suggestions.

I tried the suggestions above, a whole load of other things, and then contacted Output about the issue. Unfortunately it looks like Output Arcade just doesn't work with Acid family products at the moment, so I will have to shelve the idea of using Arcade, at least for the time being.

Hopefully Output will remedy this soon.

Thanks again to those who tried to help! 🙂