Comments

emmrecs wrote on 3/12/2018, 1:42 PM

Hi, welcome to the Magix forums.

You say some saved projects "do not seem to exist". I strongly suspect that it is the audio files used in the particular projects that do not still exist in the same location as they did when the project was last saved.

IOW, a "project" file contains all the data needed to convert/alter/improve the original audio file, but not the actual file itself.  If the project file cannot load the audio file from whichever location it was stored at the actual moment the project was last saved, the project cannot be opened, run or edited.

Do you receive any error message when these projects fail? Something to the effect that "[name of file].wav" cannot be opened/found/loaded, or similar? If so, you have moved the file to a different storage location or, worse still, you have deleted it from your computer.😭😭

If I have guessed wrongly what the problem is please come back with much more detail about your computer, what you have tried with the program and the precise wording of any error message you see.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam