Online catalog

Denise-HB wrote on 6/7/2023, 12:59 PM

I just tried to create a new website with the updated software I paid $60 for last year and it took me to a webpage stating I have to pay another $40 to continue using it, am I doing something wrong or is this how it works now?

I've been using this software for years now. But, this is the first time I was ever denied access to even the basics of features and told I have to pay again. If this is the case I am going to cancel for sure. But, wanted to make sure I'm not doing something wrong first.

Comments

SP. wrote on 6/7/2023, 1:20 PM

@Denise-HB The online content catalog is accessible one year after purchase. You can usually download the whole catalog to your hard drive as a backup (which currently doesnt work correctly as far as I know). Each subsequent year you need to pay again, if you don't have a backup or want access to newly added content.

It is the same with updates. If you haven't made a backup of the update installer (which isn't easy for the normal computer user, since the file deletes itself automatically after the update has finished), you cannot redownload it without paying again.

This is a very customer unfriendly situation in my opinion.

Denise-HB wrote on 6/7/2023, 1:24 PM

@Denise-HB The online content catalog is accessible one year after purchase. You can usually download the whole catalog to your hard drive as a backup (which currently doesnt work correctly as far as I know). Each subsequent year you need to pay again, if you don't have a backup or want access to newly added content.

It is the same with updates. If you haven't made a backup of the update installer (which isn't easy for the normal computer user, since the file deletes itself automatically after the update has finished), you cannot redownload it without paying again.

This is a very customer unfriendly situation in my opinion.

Wow, that is a horrible & I fully agree, a very unfriendly situation indeed, Thank you for filling me in on this.
I hope you have an Amazing Summer :)