one-month validation

Simple-Nick wrote on 9/18/2021, 8:42 AM

Greetings to the MAGIX team!
-----------------------------
I have been very interested in Sound Forge for a long time, more precisely for Audio Studio.
Sorry I'm only interested in that version and not the PRO.
I'm interested in this version because I only need it to edit samples, and I use a
plenty of other DAW's so it's not my primary option.
Now I'd like to get to the point.
When visiting your WEB site, reviewing specifications and other things,
I came across information that is, a video where it is emphasized that it is necessary
once a month to go online and validate the license ("how to prevent piracy"?)
Let me say that I just came across a complete piracy of this program on YouTube.
"Just like that"
So that story is a little weird to me! But if is the case  so, we who are fighting
and we work with music and we've already spent a lot of money on very,very pro programs
For ex- (FL-studio, ableton, Fab Filter, 2nd Sense audio and all full).
We have not or I have not encountered a situation like this to be reported once a month.
And even Pro tools uses ILOK which I bought additionally, also because of piracy,
allows offline work, with of course first verification, etc.
Well ("Fair Enough") if it's important to you to protect yourself from piracy, the same way
it is important to us individuals that our projects are not be stolen.
That's why we work offline, because there is no way to defend ourselves against hacking
Penertration into a personal computer, and theft of projects other than offline work.
But OK it's all Beside of point.
Back on MAGIX, I also read that it is possible to do,
that is, the Sound Forge program can work without one-month validation.
makes me very "CONCERNED", makes it an unnecessary obligation,
further hampers creativity etc.
So the question is:
Is it possible to work offline for a period of a few months and WHAT'S HAPPENING
with the program after one month and not going online and validating the license.
Thanks in advance.

Comments

rraud wrote on 9/18/2021, 9:40 AM

The 'phone home' requirement depends on which codecs are being used . Some of which are licensed) so if you do not use the specific codec connecting the PC to the internet occasionally, is not necessary .

btw, this is a users forum, and not an avenue to Magix support. Otherwise welcome to the Sound Forge users community @Simple-Nick.

emmrecs wrote on 9/18/2021, 9:45 AM

@Simple-Nick

Welcome to the Magix user to user forums, so not a contact for any Magix staff, sorry!

It is my understanding that all recent Magix software requires a regular, periodic check to be made with the Magix servers for the validity of the user's licence. This is, IMO, certainly not intrusive and nor do I consider it to be in any way compromising the security of my computer - I do have full Antivirus and Firewall protection installed. ( I see no evidence at all that the "connection to the server" remains live for any longer than the check actually takes.) Indeed, I believe it is quite possible to open any of the apps, have the licence checked on-line, and then to disconnect from the internet and have the app continue to run "as normal".

As someone who also uses one, and one only, of the Adobe Creative Cloud apps I think the Magix system is fine; in the case of Adobe, unless one's licence can be validated as still operational each time it is opened that app will not even run.

If you wish to ask your question directly to Magix staff I would recommend emailing infoservice@magix.net.

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Simple-Nick wrote on 9/21/2021, 8:56 AM

Hello There !

emmrecs - Jeff

Thank you very much once again.
Enjoy, best regards.