Once I bought Premium, Music Maker doesnt work!

Joseph-Clement wrote on 5/7/2021, 1:15 PM

Please help, back in January, I purchased Premium, and since then Music Maker keeps crashing every time I start it up... it last for almost a minute and then an error repost pops up saying, " Music Maker is no longer working" (Captain Obvious over here). I have uninstalled and reinstalled a few times and still not working. same thing happens. I get it playing for a moment and then it crashes. I paid $70 and simply not happy. Would appreciate the help

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 5/7/2021, 1:47 PM

@Joseph-Clement

Please read this post and tell us all about your computer hardware and OS. Then tell us exactly which build of MM you have (you can check under Help>About).

As I wrote in your other post, uninstalling and reinstalling may not effect any real change because the built-in uninstaller does not know about files, folders and registry entries which were created on first or subsequent runs of the program and so does not know to remove them.

Our standard advice, when it becomes necessary to uninstall any Magix software, prior to reinstalling it, is to use s dedicated Uninstaller app, something like the free Revo Uninstaller. If you do use it, just make sure that when it lists ALL the files, folder and registry entries it thinks should be removed, that you check very carefully everything listed, especially if you have any other Magix program installed on your computer.

Once Revo has removed everything related to the installation of MM, reboot your computer and retry the installation. Once installed and registered you will then need to redownload and install all the Extra content that the Premium variant gives you.

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Samplitude Pro X7 Suite, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

SP. wrote on 5/7/2021, 2:08 PM

@Joseph-Clement Does it help, if you go into C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\MAGIX\mm29 and delete the MusicMaker.ini file and start Music Maker again? This will reset some of your settings.