on a Mac?

Jeanne-Tifft wrote on 1/22/2024, 12:07 PM

I've been using Photostory on a PC Windows 10. After an upgrade to a Windows 11 PC, it has turned out that Windows 11 cannot handle graphics very well at all. So I am switching to a Mac. I've purchased Photostory already. Please inform whether you have a Mac version of Photostory. You do not mention it in this web site so I am worried that you don't. What do you suggest I do?

Comments

SP. wrote on 1/22/2024, 12:19 PM

@Jeanne-Tifft It's mentioned in the technical specifications:

https://www.magix.com/int/photo-graphic/photostory/specifications/#c1474284

Not sure, why you want to switch to Mac only because you have graphic problems. How about updating your drivers?

johnebaker wrote on 1/23/2024, 3:55 AM

@Jeanne-Tifft

Hi

In addition to @SP.'s comment, which I agree with, the only way you could run Photostory on a MAC is using software such as Parallels with Windows installed, however this may result in more issues then you are having with the PC and is not supported by Magix.

. . . . it has turned out that Windows 11 cannot handle graphics very well at all . . . .

Depending on the version of Photostory, this may be due to Windows 11 replacing the drivers for the GPU(s) with the Microsoft versions.

What is your PC specification - see this topic for what is required and please quote processor and graphics card make/model in full, and also what monitor/screen resolution(s) you are working with if this is a laptop.

I would suggest you put this information in your profile signature so we do not have to keep asking for it.

Are you getting any error messages, if so then please quote them in full or provide screen shots.

As @SP. has asked - are the graphics card/integrated GPU drivers up to date?

A screen shot of the Program settings, Device options tab  would help.

What is the issue the 'cannot handle graphics very well', please be specific rather than a generalised comment ?

It the issue occurs when adding video to the timeline what video format, codec and resolution are you using - to help with this download and install MediaInfo and analyse one of the clips causing the issue and post the results, see this tutorial on how to setup MediaInfo and analyse a video clip for all the data required.     

John EB
Forum Moderator

Last changed by johnebaker on 1/23/2024, 3:56 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.