Comments

rraud wrote on 7/5/2022, 12:52 PM

I do not think batch jobs from the legacy converter in SFP-11 will work in SFP-16.
You could save the Fx presets from SF-11 and reapply to a new batch job in SF-16.
VST presets can be easily copied and pasted to a new PC. You would need to use the legacy SCS 'Preset Manger' to transfer Direct X presets and chains to another PC. Try the SFP-16 demo to find out what works best for you.

btw, welcome to the Magix Sound Forge users community @Rob-Haggar.

Rob-Haggar wrote on 7/5/2022, 1:27 PM

Can't get to the SFP-16 demo. Tried on 2 machines. Is the SCS Preset Manager in Sound Forge Pro?

rraud wrote on 7/6/2022, 12:40 PM

https://sony-preset-manager.software.informer.com/2.0/.
@Rob-Haggar, I think the 'Preset Manager 2.0' was a separate installation and/or was an optional item in the SCS installer. In any case, it still works with Direct X plug-ins and plug-in chains.. though a chain may need to be rebuilt if the plug-ins are in a different file path. The 'Preset Manger' can be opened from the 'Tools' menu of (x86) versions of Sound Forge Pro (including 16). I think it is grayed out if PM is not installed. Otherwise PM can be opened directly like other applications.

Can't get to the SFP-16 demo

If that means the above link does not work, go the Magix Sound Forge home page and look for the SF trial versions there.
www.magix.com/us/music-editing/sound-forge/

Rob-Haggar wrote on 7/14/2022, 12:51 PM

Hi Rraud - I am working with Rob. He has the optional profile manager installed. but I cannot find the export function. I see the the SF11 preset pkg that contains the FX plugins (Normalize and Volume) but cannot see how to export them. If I make a copy I still don't know where it is. (is this a registry pointer and the SF11 program needs to be installed on the same machine as SF16? ) Any documentation or direction would be helpful, Thanks. Michael Clemens. Oh, the SF11 program is installed on a Windows 7 machine The batch files are stored on a NAS. Rob wants to use the new program SF16 on a new machine and read his old batch files. I do not have enough experience with the Sony product to know where of how the plugins are stored or which ones he needs to be able to use the new software on a new machine and read his old batch files.

rraud wrote on 7/17/2022, 9:43 AM

As I stated, the legacy batch jobs will not work with the new batch converter tool in SF 15 and 16. But you can copy most of the FX presets and use them when creating a new batch job. The VST <.fxp> preset files can easily be moved around via copy-paste . Any DX plug-in's presets would need to be copied using the Sony 'Preset Manager' and both PCs would need to have PM installed. Fx chains can be saved in the PM as well, but will not work on a different computer if the plug-ins have a different file path. The Sony Preset Manager is relatively easy to use and has an internal help instructions. I am not sure if there is a PDF manual for it but the SCS Sound Forge Pro manuals have a chapter for PM.