Oh why did I press the update button...

TommySan wrote on 7/6/2023, 3:08 PM

I had a fully working older Music Maker version 2021 with windows 11. Few days ago I did a mistake of my life and pressed update button. Result:

-VST icons gone
-cannot open VST instruments interface

-any midi driver won't work

I logged out and in again with no result. I uninstalled the Music Maker and installed it again with no better results.

How on earth do Magix software testers test these product!? I am very frustrated! If I ever get any working version of Music Maker again, I won't update them ever!

Comments

browj2 wrote on 7/6/2023, 3:27 PM

@TommySan

Hi,

Music Maker is free, you pay for Editions which unlock features and presets, give you some stuff to download and some credits.

Do you have a Plus or Premium Edition?

On the Welcome screen after logging in, do you see your activated Edition(s)?

Did you go to the Downloads tab and download and install everything that is there?

John CB

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

SP. wrote on 7/6/2023, 4:00 PM

@TommySan Open the Music Maker program settings and click on the button to clean up the store. Rescan the VST path.

If this doesn't help reset the program settings under the File > Settings menu.

gjonny wrote on 7/6/2023, 4:28 PM

@TommySan
In addition to @browj2's and @SP.'s comments . . .
It's not clear -- do you want to get this "updated"  install working properly (if possible) or, do you want to revert back to MM2021?

If you want to revert, and you purchased your edition of MM2021 from Magix, then try this:
a)
- go to your "Products" page
- there you should find a list of files available for download, including an MM2021 installer.
Note that this file may not be the latest update for MM2021.  
b)
Another option would be to contact Support directly and ask them to send you the final version of MM2021.  The worst that can happen is that they say no.

In several other threads, "Revo Uninstaller" has been mentioned as a useful tool for ensuring complete removal of a MusicMaker installation.  You might want to check it out.

TommySan wrote on 7/11/2023, 11:17 AM

Thank you Browj2, SP and gjonny for your replies!

I reply to you all three here to make things easier.

I have at least one plus and one premium Magix Music Maker account (Later MMM), latest being Premium 2021 version. I have at least 25 VST instruments. There has been some previous updates also before when I have had to reinstall instruments again for some reason. Now when I updated from the last version to the most recent version (I don't have clue, which versions they are, and now MMM is in uninstalled stage). The VST list shows all my instruments as they were there and I am able to pick any to my instrument slot, but the VST list does not show those VST instruments icons any more and no matter which instruments I choose, I am not able to open control panel for that particular instrument. Also as I told earlier, midi-drivers don't work.

I also tried to rescan VST:s and reset program setting without result.

I would like to revert to an older working version, but my MyAccount -> MyProducts does not give any download link for MMM:

https://1drv.ms/i/s!AtdNgEYG4xbll_V6ZyJ1s7C59i-Uuw?e=9X7GyS

Maybe my only option is to ask for the lastest 2021 release from support.

I just wonder can I really be the only one having these nasty -after update- symptoms?

SP. wrote on 7/11/2023, 11:23 AM

@TommySan These are not normal problems. It seems there was something damaged on your system.

Are all pending Windows updates installed?

browj2 wrote on 7/11/2023, 12:25 PM

@TommySan

Hi,

...and now MMM is in uninstalled stage

You can't do anything if MMM is uninstalled.

Since you don't even know which version that you have, I suggest that you watch this tutorial. The process is almost the same as upgrading to MMM2024 without purchasing an Edition like Premium Edition 2024. The version number is shown on the Welcome screen, bottom right.

When I upgraded to MMM2024, I simply downloaded and installed the free version, logged in when asked using my email address and pw for my account, and the program started downloading and installing most everything, and scanned for VST's. As I have a lot, it took about 10 minutes to complete. Everything from my previous activated editions and more were recognized. There were only a few things showing in the Downloads tab.

The interface screen was a mess, even after pressing F4, but all came back into order after restarting.

John CB

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

gjonny wrote on 7/11/2023, 2:25 PM

@TommySan

>> but my MyAccount -> MyProducts does not give any download link for MMM:
>> https://1drv.ms/i/s!AtdNgEYG4xbll_V6ZyJ1s7C59i-Uuw?e=9X7GyS

In your post, the "1drv" line shows as text, not a link. It's only in doing a copy/paste here that it showed as a live link. This is a screenshot of MyProducts for MM2021:

Is it possible that you purchased MusicMaker from a third-party seller?

coneman wrote on 7/11/2023, 2:47 PM

Try doing a System Restore.

Tascam US-366 usb audio interface.
Processor    AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor                 3.95 GHz
Installed RAM    32.0 GB
10 pro
System type    64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
AMD Radeon RX5700

TommySan wrote on 7/12/2023, 8:26 AM

Problem solved! The culprit here was F-Secure deep guard or more like interoperability between F-Secure and MMM! I have had F-Secure up and running at least for two years and this was the first time when there was problem between these apps!

But after disabling DeepGuard, I istalled MMM again! Every problem I listed in my first message were gone! Midi works, Icons are there etc!

Thank you so much every one of you contributing to my problem and trying to find a solution!