Comments

emmrecs wrote on 9/30/2018, 9:11 AM

Hi.

Looking at your screenshot, the actual notes currently start playing at bar 1 beat 1. Why do you want them to start earlier (i. e. before bar 1, IOW somewhere they will not be heard, because MM will start its playback at bar 1, beat 1, not before it)?

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

SebastianJ wrote on 9/30/2018, 11:27 AM

@emmrecs that's the weird thing, you can't hear them at all when you play it, because on the timeline the notes are not on the right position (you expect to see the notes on the midi in the object when you are done modifying the midi) they are 4 bars ahead, though in the Midi shows the notes start on bar 1 beat 1 as you mention. I did a small video showing this in more detail:

smthng wrote on 10/1/2018, 12:04 PM

I think you managed to stretch the object on the arranger window. You've added space at the beginning and removed it from the end. Here's how I would attempt to fix it...

In your track, hover your mouse over the end of the object, right on the little black triangle at the bottom right corner. When your cursor turns into a two headed arrow pointing left and right ( <--> ), click and drag to the right to stretch the object out to include the end of your recording. Once you've done that, do the same thing to the left triangle to clear out the space at the front. Then move the adjusted object back to the beginning of the track. Let me know if that doesn't work and I'll get some screen caps of how to do it.

SebastianJ wrote on 10/1/2018, 3:31 PM

@smthng Yes! that helped, I can now place it back into position. I've probably dragged that from the black triangle when I was practicing with loops and since I'm very new on the program, I had no idea you can change the object like that. Thanks for the help!