Not working

Peter-Blutbad wrote on 7/17/2024, 8:31 AM

Hi!

I have a problem.

I added an external plug-in to the Music Maker program, I wanted to check the plug-in there, but the program froze.

Then I restarted the program, but it doesn't start...

The plug-in check doesn't run through.

I reinstalled the program, deleted it from regedit, but the program does not start.

I also deleted all add-ons.

I really messed something up... What could be done?

Thank you for your answer in advance!

Comments

Peter-Blutbad wrote on 7/17/2024, 8:35 AM

I will show a picture.

SP. wrote on 7/17/2024, 10:40 AM

@Peter-Blutbad There might be a hidden dialog box behind the Music Maker splash screen? That's just a speculation from my side.

To reset Music Maker please navigate to C:\Users\YourWindowsUsername\AppData\Roaming\MAGIX\mm33\

There you should find the musicmaker.ini file. If you delete this file you'll reset the program settings of Music Maker. There are probably also VSTScanSetup ini files and plugin scan state files. You can also delete those. This will reset your VST plugin settings.

If Music Maker still freezes you might need to uninstall the plugin. Which plugin caused the problem?

Peter-Blutbad wrote on 7/17/2024, 12:29 PM

Thank you! The program works.

There are no hidden dialogs behind the splash screen, just the splash screen and the VST plugin screen.

This plugin caused the problem. This is a free plugin: Elektrostudio_DavosynthVSTI_v2.54b.

I guess I shouldn't write the name of the website where I downloaded it from.

I have one more problem.

A plugin was available for free in the MM Store, which I installed (even before deleting the ini files), registered on the Cherry Audio website, and activated the plugin.

But now I can't use it because I see: Purchased.

But there is no arrow in the lower right corner of the plugin that I can use.

I will send a photo!

Peter-Blutbad wrote on 7/17/2024, 2:22 PM

Cherry Audio plugin bug/issue resolved.

I managed to solve it. But I have a question: I would like to add soundpools to the program.

Soundloops were released on DVD a long time ago, I copied them to the computer.

I checked which folder of the program I should copy it to.

I am sending a picture where I want to add a folder marked with a red arrow.

I add it, but nothing changes.

I don't see it as new among soundloops. I restart the program, but I don't see it.

I will send a photo!

SP. wrote on 7/17/2024, 3:05 PM

@Peter-Blutbad You can rescan the Soundpools folder inside the program settings of Music Maker. Alternatively, you should be able to add Soundpools via the gear icon in the Loops manager.

I suggest you first try to rescan the Soundpools. This should add your DVD pools to the Loops manager because you put them in the standard Soundpool folder.

Peter-Blutbad wrote on 7/17/2024, 3:41 PM

Thank you! Could you describe step by step, but preferably with a picture, how do I add the soundloops with the Loops Manager? I don't want to spoil anything.

SP. wrote on 7/17/2024, 6:10 PM

@Peter-Blutbad Im currently not at the computer. It might be simply enough to click on the button to rescan the Soundpools in the program settings. They might then appear in the Loops manager.

Alternatively, in the Loops manager there should be a gear icon in the top right corner Simply click on it to add a path with Soundpools to your loops collection. Select the Soundpool DVD Collection 9 path.

Peter-Blutbad wrote on 7/18/2024, 5:15 AM

Thanks!

I used the re-rescanning of Soundpools in the program settings, but I don't see the added loops, only the purchased loops.

It's okay, I won't try it again.

I use the alternative solution.

(There is a Hungarian proverb about this: "If the mountain does not go to Muhammad, Muhammad goes to the mountain").

SP. wrote on 7/18/2024, 7:05 AM

@Peter-Blutbad As a workaround you can always drag and drop the files directly from Windows Explorer or the internal file browser into your project.

Please make sure the folder of your DVD collection is inside the Soundpool folder path set in the program settings.