Not seeing titles when playing back the recording saved as MPEG3

Norman-Krimholtz wrote on 9/30/2021, 11:01 AM

I recorded music from a Vinyl LP with the Vinyl resteration option, putting in the titles then saving as a native sfas format. I put in the titles for all the songs.

I then saved the same recording as a MPEG 3 format under Save As onto my hard drive. Playing back with software, Cyberlink power DVD 18, the song titles were not displayed. What do I have to do to see the titles of all the songs not just the title of the record itself?

Norman

Comments

rraud wrote on 9/30/2021, 11:29 AM

Sound Forge formally used Gracenote for artist metadata and such, I am not familiar wth the the current auto offerings.

That said, you can manually enter song titles, artist / album names and other 'metadata' in the "View> Metadata> Summary information" menu. Many MP3 players (like Winamp) have metadata editing as well.

If you need to batch edit metadata tags files, MP3TAG is my first choice. It is a free metadata editing app and can even add your album cover art (or whatever), which displays as a icon in many folder display modes and cloud drives like Google and Microsoft's OneDrive. According to the MP3TAG website, it can import metadata from Discogs, freedb and MusicBrainz.