not hearing vandal effects until i play back

mick961 wrote on 3/13/2022, 12:09 PM

Hi

I'm new to music maker.

I'm using music maker 64bit on windows 11. connected my guitar through a focusrite solo interface.

My problem is when i'm recording my guitar, i bring up vandal and add effects such as distortion or stomp pedal, all i hear though my headphones connected to my interface is clean guitar. But when i play back what i have recorded the effect has been added. is there anyway i can hear the effect while i am recording.

Cheers

Comments

SP. wrote on 3/13/2022, 3:01 PM

@mick961 Yes, be sure your Focusrite ASIO driver is selected in the program settings of Music Maker (gear icon in the top left corner) and that monitoring is acitvated in the recording settings (gear icon next to the record button). If this is the case check in your Focusrite settings if you are monitoring the playback signal or just the input signal.

mick961 wrote on 3/14/2022, 5:15 PM

Thanks for that. I had the driver selected and monitoring selected in the recording settings. I'm not sure how to change the monitoring on my interface. I'll have another look at it.

Cheers

mick961 wrote on 3/23/2022, 2:44 PM

You were correct i had my interface set to monitor the input signal. I have set it to monitor the playback signal.

I can't hear anything while recording, but i can hear what i have recorded with any added effects when i play it back. Driver and monitor are both selected.

SP. wrote on 3/23/2022, 2:54 PM

@mick961 Can you show us screenshots with your Music Maker Audio/MIDI settings, the recording settings and your Focusrite Driver settings? You can upload them to this forum by clicking on the arrow icon above the text box.

mick961 wrote on 3/27/2022, 11:37 AM

SP. wrote on 3/27/2022, 2:08 PM

@mick961 I'm not sure, but are you using additional Focusrite software like Focusrite Control? I think you can configure monitoring in it.

mick961 wrote on 3/28/2022, 5:30 AM

i have installed focusrite control , but can't see any way to alter monitoring in it. Do i take it that my above settings are correct?

SP. wrote on 3/28/2022, 6:31 AM

@mick961 They look fine to me. I think it has something to do with your Focusrite Control settings.

mick961 wrote on 4/3/2022, 4:00 PM

Had a good look at my Focusrite settings and can’t find anything to change the monitoring settings apart from the button on the front of the box

SP. wrote on 4/3/2022, 7:39 PM

@mick961 And you switched the buttons of your Focusrite on and off and​ tried out different settings, correct?

mick961 wrote on 4/4/2022, 6:57 AM

Yes tried call of that

SP. wrote on 4/4/2022, 7:15 AM

@mick961 I would suggest you contact Focusrite support. I'm out of ideas. Since you can hear Vandal fine during playback but not during recording I would guess it has something to do with the monitoring settings. But Music Maker can only switch monitoring on or off. There aren't any other settings inside the program.