Normailizing Issues and Crashing

Eric-z222 wrote on 6/16/2022, 12:21 AM

I have Windows 10

AMD Ryzen 9 5900x 12 core processor

Ram 64.0

64 bit system

Sound Forge 15 crashes almost every time I use it now. It has crashed during single file use as well as running multiple save at once. Normalizing is also creating holes /sound drops in the audio. 25 minute music files are playing for 30 seconds then the audio will drop, show up again play for a bit then drop out again. You can visually see all of the dropped audio after normalizing when it happens. The normalizing settings are set to levels that won't cause distortion.

Comments

rraud wrote on 6/16/2022, 9:54 AM

Does this happen with PCM <.wav> file types or just MP3, AAC and other lossy formats? If the issue happens only with lossy files, try enabling "Always proxy compressed formats" in the "Options> Preferences> General" menu.
If that does not help, reset Sound Forge and clear the cache in the 'File' menu.
Otherwise, I do not recall any reports of normalize issues with SF-15. Regardless, confirm you are running the latest build

btw, welcome to the Magix Sound Forge users community @Eric-z222, You should also state which version of Sound Forge you have (Pro or Audio Studo).

Eric-z222 wrote on 6/23/2022, 11:17 PM

I am trying to compress mp3s. I ihave already tried that Always proxy compressed formats but it still happens. I have Sound Forge 15 Pro. I have cleared the cache too but I find myself opening and closing Sound Forge 15 pro alot to keep that Cache cleared.

Eric-z222 wrote on 6/23/2022, 11:21 PM

Would upgrading to Sound Forge 16 make any difference? Do you guys offer free upgrades? I upgraded to Sound Forge 15 pro a few months ago.

rraud wrote on 6/24/2022, 12:55 PM

Would upgrading to Sound Forge 16 make any difference?

Maybe, but SDP-16 currently has other issues that are in the process of being fixed

Do you guys offer free upgrades?

Us guys and gals are Sound Forge users like you, You will need to contact Magix. Email Magix customer service at: infoservice@magix.net. If SF was purchased 30 days or so prior to the new version, Magix is 'usually' gives users an upgrade to the current version..

Otherwise, try uninstalling and reinstalling SF Pro-15.. but uninstall using a third-party uninstaller like 'Revo Uninstall', in the advanced mode Revo can remove the left-over registry entries and other pertinent data the OS uninstall leaves behind, which is usually the root cause of issues which will reoccur when an app is reinstalled using the Windows default uninstaller.
Revo Uninstall is highly regarded and has pro and freeware versions. The free version is adequate in most cases. If you have another version of Magix Sound Forge try not to delete 'shared' files that could remove some Magix plug-ins which would need to be reinstalled too.
https://www.revouninstaller.com/products/revo-uninstaller-free/

btw, welcome to the Magix Sound Forge users community @Eric-z222.

Eric-z222 wrote on 7/5/2022, 10:45 PM

Hey thanks for the info. I tried the Revo Uninstall but am still having the same issues. :( This is a brand new computer so there weren't any previous files on here from Sound Forge.

rraud wrote on 7/6/2022, 10:38 AM

You could request Magix Sound Forge Tech Support. Peruse this instructional comment prior. .. it is a little confusing
https://www.magix.info/us/forum/unable-to-record--1272206/#ca1661047

You can try out SF-16 , teh demo version is basically identical to the purchased version, if that works okay, you can 'ask' Magix to upgrade you to SF-16 since SF-15 does not work.