No waves showing up while recording

mary-o wrote on 7/17/2023, 8:38 AM

Hello all, I wonder if someone can help. I record voiceovers. While recording one this morning, I needed to make a correction for a mispronunciation. I went to 'file' opened a new window to re-record my mistake. Somewhere along the way, I clicked something (I think in the lower left corner) and now I cannot see the audio waves. The cursor moves as if it's recording...but no audio waves are present. I rebooted my system, same thing...I tried to reset the cached data preferences, but no change. I'm sure it's an easy fix, but I am at a loss. Suggestions? Many thanks! Mary O.

Comments

rraud wrote on 7/17/2023, 9:31 AM

Hi @mary-o, Verify "Show waveform while recording" is enabled in the "Options> Preferences> General" menu.

mary-o wrote on 7/17/2023, 1:57 PM

Hi again....I tried that...no change. Honestly I'm stumped on this. Any other suggestions?

mary-o wrote on 7/17/2023, 1:59 PM

What about un install and re-install software. It's Magix 16 BTW. Is there a way I can jump on a call with someone and perhaps we can troubleshoot that way? I need to get back to recording asap and need help. TIA

SP. wrote on 7/17/2023, 2:19 PM

@mary-o Maybe it helps if you simply restart your computer? Please select the Restart option, not Shut down option. Sometimes users think that shutting the computer down and turning it back on is a reboot, but it isn't.

There is no phone support, you need to open a technical support ticket, which can take multiple days. We are only normal users trying to help.

rraud wrote on 7/17/2023, 6:00 PM

Does the timeline display the waveform after you click 'Stop' or 'Pause'?
Do previously recorded files' waveforms display normally?
Does the record volume meter in "View> Record options" indicate adequate input levels?
Are you in the 'normal Edit mode (Edit> Tools), It does not build a new waveform if your in the 'Event' mode.

mary-o wrote on 7/18/2023, 7:10 AM

Hi all...I fixed the problem. Turns out the solution was indeed an easy one...and an eye roller. Seems a speaker fell off a shelf and hit the power button on my pre-amp. It was off. I turned it back on. All is well now. It's the little (and stupid) things, right? Many thanks for your help.